[HowTo] Location and Presence (Owntracks)

Hello everyone, I’m currently trying to connect homey to OWN Tracks according to the instructions or to initially connect correctly according to these instructions (at the top). But I can’t seem to get it to work with http. For Hostname I enter this generated code and my user ID. but what goes into the other fields?

Hi all, trying to make good use of LAP .

1st question: My wife gets notified, when i enter the geofence defined by me. I have made a flow thats an exact copy of “me”, except its me who should be notified, when she enters the same geofence (as seen and listed in the LAP homey app) I just dont get any notification. Does that mean i cant use the same geofence created in owntracks on my phone, for my wife, and that she should make her “own” geofence, with same location as me, in her owntrack app? (btw, both our phones are android, and owntrack is set to “signifcant changes”, allowed to “always tracking”, not forced to sleep, etc, etc.
2: My kid is on an Iphone SE 2020 (ios 17.5) I get that, when he activates battery saving mode, owntrack wont get updated, but when disabled and precise location and always avalable is enabled, it still doesn’t work reliably. Most of the times it takes forever to register the location, and the flow never gets activated. Is it generally a thing with iphones (it also struggles really hard with the homey built-in presence functionality)?

Sorry for the long post - Best regards Christian

May be an dumb question, but here goes:

All settings in both android/iphone has been checked in regards of battery, app-sleeping, and location-policy. Tracking in the owntracks-app is set to significant changes

1. I use owntracks (or i trying to) in Athom Homey to get notified, when kids, wife, me enters or leave different fences, ie. home, work, school. So, i started by defining the different fences in Homey, and used that in the different flows. That didn’t work. I then tried creating the fences on my phone, and they then show up in homey OT-app. They just only work for me. If i “re-use” the location/fence defined by me, for my kids “entity”, i don’t get any notification. If i define the same location/fence on each users phone(owntrack app), and use those in the Homey flows, it works. So long story short - is that the way its supposed to work, or am i missing something? it seems contra-intuitive to have 3-4 different names for the same location, fx home.
  2. there often is double notification. Fx my wife gets double notification that i’ve arrived at work, or sometimes, that i have arrived, left, arrived within few minutes. Is that due to some sensitivity/error margin setting in relation to the specific geofence?

All settings in both android/iphone has been checked in regards of battery, app-sleeping, and location-policy. Tracking in the owntracks-app is set to significant changes

Otherwise, it’s a great app, and i really appreciate it, so thanks!