How to use tag as a trigger?

Im searching the forum but I cant find an answer.

I want to use a tag as a trigger.
I know that a tag cannot be a trigger and I should create a variable.

How do I set the Variable? I can create one in settings but there is no way to change this value.

The tag changes when I enable the Rituals device. So Homey knows when it on or off.
How can I link the tag to my self created variable?

I`m not able to put the Rituals device in the if colum so that I can set my self created variable via the then colum.

Can someone please help me?

Kind regards,

Steve

1 Like

That’s the moment to set a Better Logic variable.
After that use that specific variable in the IF colom.
The tag ur using in the IF colom at the moment is not a Better Logic variable, u have to create that urself.

I’m not able to use the rituals device in the if colum.
If was able to do that then I could set a value for the better logic variable.

So, how u activate the rituals then?

I am able to activate rituals via the then colum in flows. (So here I am able to set the better logic variable)

But if I manually enable rituals (via devices) I am not able to set the variable. Same thing when I enable rituals via their own rituals app.

Very nice and that’s the only way ofc. Mine is set when the misses comes home and de-activated after 20 minutes. It’s all about automation.

Don’t know if the rituals-device reports it’s state back to Homey? Does the other way around work? When you start the device through Homey, do you see it’s started on your phone?

Same here, I want to use a tag as a trigger as well.
If this would be possible, a presense detector (aqara body sensor) could be used to switch lights on AND off using only one single flow (below).
Is this possible?

Homey knows the state even when I don’t use homey to put te rituals on.

So Homey has the information but I am not able to use that.

And also yes, when I start the device via Homey, I can see it as on in the original rituals app

So u want a tag as a trigger and

Then u should make a request for a “a tag has changed” card in the IF colom.
Requests can be made here.

Thanks everybody.

Now I know that what I want is not possible.
Even if Homey has the information.

I will put in a request.

Cheers and a merry christmas!

Ow you’re so cute.
You’ve read it but decided to start a new thread anyway.
Did you feel as if there has been given an answer to the question on how to start /stop a flow using a tag as a trigger? To me, this feels as something obvious that has been forgotten when developing Homey. Just my 2CTS.

Your and my comments are just pollution on an otherwise great source of information :+1:

1 Like