Homeydash.com, a Homey dashboard

Looks like it’s working, thx :slight_smile:

Good to hear, have fun with Homey👍

Interesting :thinking: I will give it a try

I have found a great widget based dashboard (free and open source).“Node red” With some struggling it works with Homey. It would be great if the Homeydash developers could code a Homey send and receive plugin for it. (to eliminate the use of MQTT).

I made a complete project topic about it: Node Red: A widget based dashboard working with Homey trough MQTT

17 Likes

Dont know what i’m doing wrong - followed the instructions and tested on ipad and on computer with the same results. I’m missing the settings in the top right corner that I can see in other examples.
Also I cant make it parse the language option &lang=sv or theme=ipad as examples.

Hello Robin, welcome.
It seems to me you’re not connecting to homeydash.com but to homey.ink. Please replace https://homey.ink with https://homeydash.com in the address bar of your browser.

@Rocodamelshekima

I tried it and it works but only “once” :wink: there is a feature like refresh background every x seconds missing :wink:

Then ur not using a live feed me guess

I use a live stream… I will test it on a chrome browser now

Hard to get it running in a Chrome browser me guess. Chrome hates the cam feed. But have it running on an old iPad here.

Thanks!! rookie misstake :wink:

Hey there,
Is there a way to make the iPad remain unlocked while a device is on, and when that device turns off, the screen turns off as well and the iPad gets locked?
I’m thinking of a fairly secure way to let the iPad act as a panel for the alarm.

No, homeydash.com is basically just a webpage, webpages have no access to functions in your iPad.

I realize this too, but I also came to think of when a webpage is displaying video, like Netflix or YouTube, then the screen remains on.
Perhaps it would be possible to simulate something similar?

I think it’s possible, but I’m not entirely sure. If it’s an iPad iPad 4 or higher (that uses Bluetooth LE ) you can use an ESP32 and emulate an Bluetooth keyboard and run Homeyduino on it. You can definitely lock and unlock the iPad using Bluetooth keystrokes. But I also think (never tried it) you can unlock a passcode locked iPad by typing the passcode on the Bluetooth keyboard. If this is possible, the ESP32 could also be programmed to emulate keystrokes.

I personally use a Wemos D1 to lock and unlock my iPad 2. I soldered a wire on the hall sensor which detect a magnetic cover (I do not recommend it, I needed to open up the iPad anyway to replace the dock connector).

Just remember, if you are really using this thing for secure things… Blocking the way to a webpage by blocking the computer, isn’t a really secure way :wink:

Does this not work with V2? (early 2019) ?

What doesn’t work with 2019 edition?

Hi, I managed to setup the Dashboard but the only thing I see is the " FAVORITE DEVICES" I can’t see the other devices! any help please?

Thanks,

This is how the dashboard works, only favorite devices are shown.

If you would make another user, and get a token for that user, you can use those favorites at the dashboard.

Or just add more devices to your own users favorites to be displayed on the dashboard.

The order of the favorites also sets the order on the dashboard

2 Likes

the homeydash app?