Homey.ink on a tablet/desktop

homeydash.com can also be, feature complete, used locally without the need for an internet connection when you run it on your own server, see https://github.com/daneedk/homeydash.com

These are the available settings:

4 Likes

It works, have it on my fourth tablet (and last one). But i have 1 question, what the differens between urs and Danee (i know you use his release to mod)? I cant see any diff, accept the icons in the right corner?

1 Like

I run your version (Danee) on my three tablets, one of them is now offline, rest the online one (Homeydash.com).
The offline one, iam running on the webserver on one of my NAS’s (QNAP).
Great stuff, you will have beer money on that paypal soon when i remember to use it;)

My raspberry is headless. How kan ik keep Hobey.ink alive after closing putty?

nohup serve -p 5000 app & results in a 404 page

If you close putty, you must leave the terminal with the server in it open. As soon as you close the terminal, the server stops and you can no longer reach your homeydash

The difference is that I have different icons and the background is different. Icons in alarm flash red and, for example, if a window / door contact becomes active, it will turn red with a glow border around it and if you press a button, a white glow border will appear around the button, giving you more the idea that you really press something

It looks like the Ipad theme is not working anymore?

https://app.homey.ink/?theme=ipad&token=

I have no settings button anymore on the right corner… Can someone have a look? Thanks!

Ur sure u wanna use homey dot ink instead of Homeydash.com?

Been using the online version and loved it. Now I have a synology and still new to the whole installing it via cmd line… I know how to use webstation and creating a html for it but any one knows how to get this on my Synology?

Just download the files from the gh source and put them in ur web folder of ur Synology. Then go to the appropriate address in ur Synology and ur good to go.

1 Like

Hi, Is this dashboard working on BETA Homey firmware ?

Thanks,

Any help how to add this node serve app into raspberry startup ?

Ok so to make raspberry pi starting the node server app on boot I done the folowing:

1. created a “homey.sh shell” script at /home/pi folder with following content:

#!/bin/bash
cd /home/pi/homey.ink
serve -p 5000 app &

1. Then I edited the “/etc/rc.local” with sudo nano /etc/rc.local adding this line:

sh /home/pi/homey.sh

between fi and exit 0

1. reboot and all works fine.

S,

2 Likes

I am very happy with homey.ink. Its is working fine on my google hub. Below you can see a screenshot of what i have now created with all the tips in this topic, elsewhere and my own. Thank you all for contribution!!

I do have some questions though;
I am running it localy on a Raspbery Pi which i also use for P1 monitor. Works great!
But how can i upgrade it to a new version without losing everything i added myself?

Also, i see in this topic a lot of more features, like sunset/-rise, settings, notifications etc.
I would love to have those features too. How can i add them?
As far as i figure it out, only the live time which was noted here as a good explained script and therefor it worked in 1 try. But none of the others i understand how to get them to work.

Can someone explain how it all works a little more in detail? :smiley:

U should check out Homeydash.com !

thank you for your response. but in that topic i cannot find any awnser to my quesions nor in this topic.
can you point me strait to it?

Well, like settings and notifications are standard at Homeydash.com so there u have 1 answer. When running it local and adjusting to ur own needs then u miss new features ofc when Homeydash got updated.

thanks voor response.
So, nobody has those features when running localy but they still can all modify there own views?
i dont understand that… the screenshots show otherwise.
So, there must be a posablity to add them yourself. and that is the question, how?

and the question was; how to update without losing. According to your awnser, it is not possible to update when running localy, nobody can?

sorry for being stupid, i just dont understand.