Homey Cameras

well, if you can find the URL of the/a snapshot of the camera, you can add a virtual IP camera to your Homey, and you don’t need an app at all.

But yes, if it uses an app, then the app creator will have to adapt the app to it, nothing Athom can do about that, as it is a community developer that created the app.

There are a lot of camera brands that do have such an URL, or have an app adapted to the image stream, so yes Athom can state that it supports camera’s.
The same as it supports z-wave and zigbee which are required to have an app for full functionality, just not every brand has an app (yet), so must Athom say it doesn’t support Z-Wave/Zigbee then?

Thanks for your response Caseda.
Appreciate the effort!

Hi there,

I tried to add a second ip Camera to my Homey.
(Neo coolcam nip-51ozx)
This camera has a different snapshot url then the first and working camera.

I have to use the url for the second camera to access the snapshot.

http://192.168.1.71:81/snapshot.cgi?user=xxxxx&pwd=xxxxx

The user and password are changed offcourse

When i try to add the camera i get a “parse error”
Maybe it is the Port 81 that is causing it…

Does anyone know a workaround or other solution?

Hi, I picked up a Neos Smartcam for £10 in the recent amazon prime day, neat little unit.

Anyone got any suggestions on how/if Homey can talk to this?

Thanks.

1 Like

Did you get this to work?

Does anybody have experience in adding a kaku (klikaanklikuit) IPCAM-2000 Wi-Fi IP?

I have problems with Netatmo Welcome. Any ideas how to fix this? image

The camera is online

Did not find it (searched several times, nice searching :smiling_imp::smiling_imp:) and I was confused that Athom stated that they rewrote the Netatmo app right before introducing the live camera feature. I could not imagine that the Netatmo camera would not work. So I thought it was only a problem with my camera. But not :joy::joy:

1 Like

And what url are u using to add it?

No url, netatmo welcome is supported with the app, same as the Nest Hello

So is Foscam with some apps but did add it anyway as a virtual camera

I have a Dahua IPC-HDW4431C-A camera. I am not able to add it as a virtual camera. I get “Could not find that PairSession”. I have tried at least more then ten twenty times again, but no luck.
Any suggestion is appreciated.

Have you looked at https://www.ispyconnect.com/sources.aspx?

Hi, I don’t have a URL for the camera, and can’t find any references online for this particular model. Can I access it without a URL?

I did have a look at that site yes. I tried all the given options for my camera type.
I also tried a ptp. Still the same error message.
I am trying to connect without the Dahua app.
I am sure my username and password are correct.
Any suggestion is appreciated.

Have you tried the suggested url’s in a browser first? If that doesn’t work, for sure Homey wont either.

Search this forum 23days ago. I gave some hint for dahua cam.

I have disbled the ONVIF authentication as I did read your message some time ago. I do get a picture of me sitting in the backyard when I use this url:
HTTP://User:password@10.xx.xx.xx/cgi-bin/snapshot. cgi-bin/snapshot.?1
However, using Homey I get the reply:
Could not find that PairSession

Try this http://ipadress/onvifsnapshot/media_service/snapshot?channel=0&subtype=0?loginuse=#xxxxxxx&loginpas=#xxxxxxxxxx

Tried your url, but no luck. Still the same reply from Homey. Checked the url on laptop and working perfectly.