Home assistant to Homey to Google home, not possible?

How, or possible, to make devices added to Homey via Home Assistant, show up in google home? Tried to sync devices, reboot Homey and so on. Devices show up fine in Homey, but not in google home, and thus it’s not possible to use fx voice control. Anyone who can tell if its possible or not?

1 Like

Only the devices supported by Google Home should appear.
My Homey has lots of added HA devices which show up fine in Ghome.

HA runs fully local, to be clear. It’s not added to GHome by Nabu Casa or such.

You checked: https://support.homey.app/hc/en-us/articles/360022832954-Connecting-Homey-with-Google-Assistant-Google-Home ?

Hi,

Yes, it’s all hooked up and running well - for the devices added directly to Homey. The two test devices, located on my HA-test rig, I have added via the home Assistant app in Homey app store, does not show up in Google home - that’s my problem. I was hoping, that HA could be an easy way to get use of some of those devices not supported natively in Homey.

But are those test devices supported by Ghome? If not they don’t appear.

If you make a flow for these (not by Google Home supported) devices in Homey, you can control them by voice by starting the flows by Google assistant.

thanks, but that just seem…clunky…:slight_smile: And, furthermore, i haven’t yet figured out, how to voice start flows from from google assistent? I presume you mean, that i could make flow that read the humidity, and that flow could act as an replacement for just asking google about the humidity in bathroom?

Hi Peter,

They should be - at least one of them. its a motion sensor from IKEA and a temp and humidity sensor from conecto home. The conecto thing is supported as “works with google” but that of course is when using their own hub/app. But still - i dont see how thats different from the many other devices i have in Homey - and they show up fine :slight_smile:

In my previous link there is also this link: https://support.homey.app/hc/en-us/articles/4409858015250-Starting-Flows-with-Google-Assistant-Google-Home

I feel somewhat stupid…If i would like to get the temperature reading from google assistant, and that reading should be done via a flow, how would i go about that? I get that i should add the flow as favourite, but the flow itself…i simply don’t know which trigger to choose, as my mind is locked in on, that the query from GA, should be the trigger?

1 Like

To start that kind of flow you need the Start-action

To make Google speakers talk you need to use: Cast a text to Google App for Homey | Homey or Google Services App for Homey | Homey

First is easier, second has more options :slight_smile: