Heimdall - Let Homey watch over your home

@Andrea_M Thank you for sharing your experience. I go find a shop.

Hi Danee,

Is it possible to get a third section?
I want use a standalone section for the garage.

Hello @Herby

I’m not entirely sure what you mean with a third section, I guess you mean an extra Surveillance Mode. If so, that’s mentioned int the FAQ:

Q: There are only three Surveillande Modes , Disarmed , Partially Armed and Fully Armed . I think I need more, can I add some?
A: No, three Surveillance Modes will be enough. You are are able to add and remove devices to/from a Surveillance Mode from a flow, making the combination of Armed zones unlimited. See this post how to do that.

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: [APP] Yeelights [needs other developer]

You can create 2 modes with Virtual Device app. One for your garage and another for your home.

Combine it with Heimdall in your flow.

Hi Danee, seit ca. 3 Jahren bin ich “auf” Homey. Seit ca. 3 Monaten bin ich auf Heimdall; Mann, bist Du gut!!! Vielen Dank, AtomiumMani

1 Like

If you could please keep the conversation in English as much as possible, then more people will be able to participate. If you would rather not or can’t communicate in English then please check out Non-English boards/catregories:
https://community.homey.app/c/non-english

Thank you very much!

I have 3 cameras, all show in the Heimdal settings under devices. They’re triggering their own flows where they are in the When… but Heimdal isn’t logging anything for them so I can’t use Heimdal at all. Anyone any ideas?

There can be several different reasons for this. Can you please post some screen shots:

• The Devices - State page from Heimdall
  • The Devices - Settings page from Heimdall
  • A flow that does trigger on movement detected by one of the cameras.

Also, please post the brand of the camera and the App you’re using for it.

@Casper181 were you able to fix it or do you still need support?

Continuing the discussion from Heimdall - Let Homey watch over your home:

Hi at all.
I used Heimdall also on Homekit with app Homeykit for a long time, but after last Homey firmware upgrade v.5 this not works anymore. I need to have a way to say to Apple home if surveillance is on or off. Are any way to have the same service through Homey Homekit Experimental or with any other app?
Thanks

I’ve just tested this, for me the mode of the Surveillance device in Homekit changes when I chance the Surveillance Mode in Homey. I guess it’s a configuration issue as both the Homeykit app and Heimdall app haven’t been changed for over 10 months.
The Homeykit app is the only app that reads the Surveillance Mode from Heimdall, Homeys builtin (Experimental) functionality doesn’t support that.

Thanks to reply.
I have just upgrade Homey firmware to v.6 and now seems Homeykit app works properly…
Hope this not will change to worst.
Thanks again.

Here is a Sneak Preview of the new functionality that will be added to Heimdall

4 Likes

I really love your app. To make an alarm system with Homey is really cool.

I’ve a little problem with the alarm delay. I’ve 2 flows that use the trigger of the alarm delay. But sometimes they won’t trigger at all and sometimes only one is working.

The first flow is when alarm delay is active than say it over the Sonos speakers.
The second flow is when the alarm delay is active ask me to deactivate the alarm (a really important flow for me). I’ve here a picture of this flow to make it more clear (It’s in dutch)

Is this the correct way to use it or is there a way to solve my problem?

English Translation of the flow:

IF: Alarm delay is active
AND: Send conformation push notification (do you want to deactivate the alarm?)
THEN: Deactivate the alarm

Hi Arjen,

Could you have a look and see what the log on the Dashboard says.
To make it more readable, please open it on the developer pages and if needed change the css, see: Homey Flow for Web - three Column view [CSS customization] - #2 by DaneedeKruyff

I don’t know why, but I can’t make it more readable to make a screen copy.
But here is a copy paste of the log that day. Don’t see anything strange.

27-04-2021 10:16:49.758 Deels ingeschakeld Alarm Uit knop Alarm is gedeactiveerd.Alarm Uit knop
27-04-2021 10:10:54.498 Deels ingeschakeld Heimdall Alarm is geactiveerd. Sensor Voordeur: Geopend
27-04-2021 10:10:27.715 Deels ingeschakeld Heimdall Sensor Voordeur: Geopend, geen alarm trigger omdat er een vertraagde trigger actief is.
27-04-2021 10:09:54.389 Deels ingeschakeld Heimdall Alarm activatie is uitgesteld: 60 seconden.
27-04-2021 10:09:54.389 Deels ingeschakeld Heimdall Sensor Voordeur in 1.3 Gang activeerde Alarm.
27-04-2021 09:43:48.518 Deels ingeschakeld Heimdall Motion Sensor motion: Beweging gedetecteerd
27-04-2021 09:37:40.308 Deels ingeschakeld Heimdall Motion Sensor motion: Beweging gedetecteerd
27-04-2021 04:44:25.742 Deels ingeschakeld Flowkaart Toezicht mode is gedeeltelijk ingeschakeld.

At 10:09:54:389 I see the front door activating the alarm. After that code checkes if a delay is configured, logs the result and starts the delay. In the same code that logs the delay the flowchart is triggered.

A way to see is the cards fires would be to make a flow (exactly) like this and check the log again:

(Please do disable the other flow that uses that cards as a trigger)

When that doesn’t work the only way to get more information would be to run the app from the CLI (see this how to) and look at the CLI output to get more information.

Here is the output.
I think this is working correctly also with a conformation question.

03-05-2021 13:03:35.230 Deels ingeschakeld Alarm Uit knop Alarm is gedeactiveerd.Alarm Uit knop
03-05-2021 13:03:28.214 Deels ingeschakeld Heimdall Alarm is geactiveerd. Sensor Achterdeur: Geopend
03-05-2021 13:02:28.777 Deels ingeschakeld Flowcard DELAY Message: Sensor Achterdeur: Geopend
03-05-2021 13:02:28.117 Deels ingeschakeld Heimdall Alarm activatie is uitgesteld: 60 seconden.
03-05-2021 13:02:28.117 Deels ingeschakeld Heimdall Sensor Achterdeur in 1.1 Woonkamer activeerde Alarm.