Heimdall - Let Homey watch over your home

Wonderful Danee, you are the best ! :clap:
Thank you ! Much appreciated
Hervé

New version published:

Version 2.0.40

• Fixed bug in Pre-Arming Check

There was a bug in the Pre-Arming Check where a combination of not using an Arming Delay on the Partial Surveillance Mode (While having on on the Full Surveillance Mode) and having the Perform check before Arming Delay enable skipped the Pre-Arming Check.

Thank you @Arvlux for finding this.

2 Likes

Hello,

As test I setup some flows. But I get a false alarm again. For now I can see it’s my Neo Coolcam PIR device. The other one was also a Neo Coolcam PIR device, but another one. The message is because these PIR’s seems to show 100% battery level the whole time, but when they are at 25% they are also shown as 25% in Homey. Earlier this was not visible. 50% is also shown as 100%. Is it possible that this device is giving a tamper message because of the battery level is 25%?

I also see this by my Neo window and door sensors. They are all 100% shown. Strange thing. Do other people has this also?

Strange thing for now is that I must replace batteries at 25% instead of 1% by example.

But is this something normal and do I have to live with it, can you do something about it, or is this more a thing for the Neo app in my Homey?

I hope you can help me.

I don’t know how reliable the battery level for that device is, I do know some devices can send false reports or wrong values to their controller when the battery is almost dead.
As said, Heimdall just responds the Motion-, Contact, Vibration- or Tamper Alarms in Home. It has know way of knowing if it’s a true alarm or a false alarm, that has to be taken care of by the user (placement, good batteries etc) and the developer of the app for the devices (Capabilities support, no bugs etc).

Thanks for the quick answer. I have to ask Neo about it. I already thought you cannot do anything about it. Its more a device issue.

I am installing the Heimdall app. When I make my first flow it already goes wrong.
I make a new Flow, set card Heimdall app - Alarm activated, but there I get two possible tags Zone and Reden, but I cannot set a Zone or Reden when I tap these tags nothing happens? I see two greyed example tags "bijv. Hallway " and “bijv. A door opened” but i cannot change that.

They get populated when the flow gets triggered by heimdall, see also this how-to use tags

These tags are to be used to inform you when the Alarm gets triggered, something like this:

What did you except to happen with that flow?

I can certainly confirm the Neo CoolCam battery reporting is useless. Mine still show 100% when they are near deaths door. The first indication I get of a weak battery is many false alarms and failures to trigger when they should. So I would replace the battery as I don’t think it’s a Heimdall issue.

1 Like

Thanks for your confirmation of what I thought. Good to hear that i’m not the only one. Maybe I have to try another device for PIR function.

I Also get false alarms with my neo pir when battery level is low, so you are not the only one.
Normally no false alarms.

1 Like

I thought that the When card would contain something like

“The alarm is activated if in Zone x Reason y happens”

So then, I thought, I could define many kinds of Alarm activation.

No, it works the other way around, when a (selected*) sensor is tripped the Alarm gets activated and the flow card gets triggered, the tags are there to inform you.

* How to select what sensor activates the Alarm for what particular Surveillance Mode is configured in the settings of the Heimdall app. Go to the apps settings, select the Devices tab and then the Settings tab. Here you can select the Surveillance Modes a in which a device will trigger the Alarm when it detects motion or is opened.

Click here for more details

@Adrian_Rockall, @Ron_van_Muilekom thanks for confirming my suspicion.

1 Like

Is it also possible to use some kind of hardware to arm or disarm the Heimdall alarm, say some device with a PIN code?

Yes, the Surveillance Mode can be set through a flow so when you have a device to your liking that has an action flow card that fires when you successfully entered your PIN code you can use that.
That said, unfortunately there are not many devices like that around, and most lack proper functionality. The only one I know off that may be what you want is the Popp Zwave Keypad but I’ve never seen it in real life so can’t tell you if it’s any good.

With a benext or zipato pinpad you can do pin (I belief).

I use and zipato pinpad with nfc tags as backup if geofencing is not working. I only want to replace ethe batteries with fixed power in the future.

Another option is an pinpad with an fibaro binary, have tried it, but its to limited for my purpose, different codes are possible, but there is fo homey only an on or off indication.

1 Like

i use the https://www.hashop.nl/rfid-keypad-tag and is working well with Homey and Heimdall. Tags, pincode will disable the surveillance mode. The bell button enables it after x seconde.

1 Like

Do you have the pinpad inside our outside the house?
I am thinking of this pinpad inside, with a delay in the Heimdall alarm, to give enough time to use nfc tag or pincode.

It looks cool, but when I check the Homey app Add device- which brand/device would I then chose?