GEO fencing

Hi everybody!

Can somebody tell me wich app I have to use today for GEO fencing? I saw a lot of articles in the forum but they are all “old”
I just installed “owntracks” and will try to configure it but the installation page tells that there will be an update early 2023 …

thx

I use locative. Works good.
Locative

The build-in version from Athom is recently also working again due to the mobile-app update.

Hi There !!

You mean smart presence? I use this already, but its working with WiFi network détection. I want to detect our arrival earlier (150 meters) to open thé fence…

Locative has the possibility to set the distance. 50mtrs ………what you want(and works the best)

Hi,

I dont find this app in the homey or play store … is it an Apple app?

Life360, for both iOS and Android. Works great!

Yes ios app, with webhooks you make it work.

If you’re in the apple eco system, you can also consider using presence in apple HomeKit. I use this for my family.

Hello, thx for the information but I use android and the Google home assitant. It’s working but I have to make the “area” smaller. The away/present buttom is swapping on/off during the approche because I’m entering and re-leaving the zone before arriving at home…

I’m using Android… but thx anyway

Wich version do you use? I installed the android version on my phone and also the app in Homey. I created an account and on my phone it’s working.
I configured the app in homey (username/password) but when I make a flow, the application is not mentioned in the list… It’s a shame because the app seems to be not to bad !!!
Please, can you give me more information?

You probably forgot to add your phone as a device in Homey (using the Life360 app).

Otherwise; better ask your question in the “official” Life360 topic here:

No, what I did mean, is not an App but the standard build in Presence (Aanwezigheid) function:

Hi JP!
Until now i used “Smart presence”. The problem is that it uses the wifi detection. So often I’m in the dark when I come home because I’m still not connected on the WIFI network. It’s to long… So I want to find a solution with the GPS data. Detection, 100m before I’m arriving.
On what is it based the standard application in homey (aanwezigheid)? I suppose also WIFI?

No, it works on the GPS on your smartphone.

I want to add, I get the best results with this switch turned off (Homey doesn’t move to different locations very often, so it doesn’t hurt)

I had à look and will try… but there is no configuration possible. Area, location update,… i am à little bit septic…

Until now i tried also thé google home/away, owntracks, and others… thé problem is always thé same… radiation/location update

Ah I see, but with Owntracks you should be able to set the radius of any location / Region

With Android & MacroDroid, you can also define your own spots and diameters.
BUT, you can let it trigger not only on GPS location(s), also on ‘wifi in sight’ and/or mobile telephone point triangle measurement

Thx, I will try !!! First I finish another idea…