Converting km/h to m/s in Netatmo app by Athom

I have a problem: My netatmo Wind meter is showing its value in km/h and I want a variable that is in m/s. Can you give me a tip? I could of course use Homey Script,but I need help to read the value from the Netatmo Sensor… I have never written a script…

1 Like

It should be something you can change in the app settings from Netatmo itself.

Thanks Marcel,
Do you mean the Homey App? I can’t find it there…

Have you tried clicking the cog wheel at the top right side?
It’s free!

Many thanks Jan,
Yes I have, there are no options that let med select m/s there. I am using Athoms app for Netatmo.

No i mean the Netatmo app. Not Homey.

Do you mean the Web interface? https://my.netatmo.com/app/station

I cannot see any of the controls that you show in your screen shot and I do not recognize it at all. Normally I am not stupid, but…

On my iphone i have the Netatmo app.

I suppose you can change the settings because Netatmo states that m/s is supported.

WOW! I never use their own app. I dont even have it installed… (I use " Smartmixin") But there are no controls for changing the units from km/h to m/s in Netatmos own app.

And my problem is that the units displayed in Athoms Netatmo (in Homey) app are km/h and I cannot find anywhere to change it. So I thought that if I could read the Homey data (via a script) I could do the math somewhere and change it to m/s.

Very insightful title you’ve got here, could you please update it so it makes sense for the actual question.

But to answer your question, Homey has no option to show m/s as default capability, even if you would be able to choose m/s in the netatmo app, it would only change the end value (the number), not the unit name.
To be able to have m/s you’ll have to calculate it and then put it into a (advanced) virtual device.

You can try to contact the developer to add such a feature (see the bottom of the app page for their support links), but I wouldn’t give that a big chance of being implemented, at least not in a short period of time.

1 Like

Many yhaks for your reply Caseda, I have changed the title now. OK?

Well, that is why I turn to all of the knowledge in this fantastic forum:

I would like to be able to read the data from Homey (in km/h) and recalculate it to m/s and store it somewere eg. as a varialble. But since I am non-knowledged in Scripting I ask for help.

I have already asked the developer (Athom) to implement this feature. But…

Yes, that is very easy to do, just divide the value by 3.6 with the “calculate as” flow card.
calculate

1 Like

Make a logic number variable, called Windspeed. Make a flow and at the THEN part logic, calculate number variable. First choose your variable, second choose number and click on the tag right. Enter two {{ Then Search the tag from Netatmo with the windspeed. Click and enter /3.6}}.
You should have {{NetatmoTag / 3.6}}

This way you have m/s

Thanks Caseda, that makes it!

Thanks Marcel, that makes it!

A lot easier to use your Netatmo webinterface. My account/settings/profile /units.

Hej Lasse,

The problem is that these settings are not reflected in Athoms Netatmo app.

//Peter

1 Like

As I wrote. This is in the Netatmo web interface. Still a lot easier.

Mayen a silly question but why do you wish to change this?

Because in Sweden we measure winds peed in m/s.

2 Likes