`Connecting a ZBT-2 to Homey

Hi, i tried Home Assistant, but I did’nt like it, so i am going to give Homey pro mini a try. But before i purchase anything, i am looking at the Homey Pro Mini. Now when i looked at HA i got the green box & a ZBT-2 for the Zigbee side of things. If i buy the HP-mini do i need to buy the smart home hub to make my ZBT-2 work or will the mini find it & make it my Zigbee hub?? Hope that makes sense. Thanks

Hi Chris,

Welcome here. The ZBT-2 can not be connected with Homey, Homey is designed to use its own radio’s and offers no support for external devices as its radios or antennas.

That said, there’s a workaround when you don’t want to use Homey’s internal radios: Since you have Home Assistant you could run Zigbee2MQTT on it and import the Zigbee devices with the [APP][Pro] Zigbee2MQTT - Use Zigbee devices via MQTT app by Robin Gruijter.

That way your Home Assistant handles the Zigbee part of things and you can use Homey as the logic controller for your automations.

Thanks Dan for the quick reply. I tend to find mixing things & work arounds not very good for me, so will take a small loss & sell the green & ZBT-2 & get the mini & the extra hub for Zigbee. Is there any recommended Zigbee repeaters for the mini hub, or will the mini/hub find most of them? Thanks

The Mini has zigbee built in. Any mains powered Zigbee device functions as a repeater

Well, I wouldn’t go for specific repeaters, every mains powered Zigbee device acts as a router, though some brands seem to do this better than others. I have some strategically placed Ikea Inspellning plugs that next to switching something also reliably act as routers.
But there’s many options, I suggest to read some more on the forum about this.