Availability of roller shutter automation

Hi all

Ive been browsing through existing apps we have on the Homey platform and am looking for a roller blind case. Found this one Tuya based which might be interestjng, but i couldnt find it listed as compatible/suitable in the Tuya app.

Anyone can help me out on this one?

I already have aqara b1 curtain controllers but downstairs inhave blinds with traditional ball cords

Instead of motorising the cord, why not stick in a tube motor? Way better looking: [APP] Motion Blinds. (shameless plug by the developer).

Fully agree on aestethics here, but the app mentions the requirement of a usb wifi dongle as well. It’ll make things more expensive doesn’t it?

And the USB would be in a pc that’s always running?

You need the dongle yes. It will control up to 30 blinds, The USB is just for power, so you can pick any USB port or charger you have lying around.

I can 100% vouch for @Edwin_D’s solution.
Just got done fitting mine. Works like a charm and set it up in less than 10 minutes.
Everything works out-of-the-box and is very responsive!

Cost is about the same per window (~60 euro per motor)
It’s true you need the bridge (~50 euro), which will set you back around the same price of a motor, but I’d suggest you sacrifice those money in order to get a way better looking solution.

That’s just my 2 cents anyway - good luck with the project :slight_smile:

1 Like