Apps Web & Local), Advanced Flows and Alexa voice commands

Hello everyone!

I’m on my first Homey, so please forgive some questions that may seem obvious.

I make a premise: I am disabled and I use the Mac mini M2 with much less effort than the iPhone or iPad.

– APPS & ADVANCED FLOWS

Look at the image below:

On the left the Web App (Version 7.0.0), on the right the Homey App (on Mac mini), at the bottom center the screen of a Homey video showing the environment in which the Advanced Flows are programmed.

• nella app locale non trovo traccia della schermata che è usata dall’addetto Homey che si vede nel video.
  • nella Web App forse lo trovata, ma alcune pagine sono ancora in costruzione.

Question: Is there a complete environment that maybe I haven’t found yet?

– VOICE COMMANDS FOR ALEXA

I have associated the Skill Homey to my Alexa account, everything OK. It detected the Shelly devices I had previously plugged into my Homey Pro 2023.

Question: Is it possible to voice command a flow without having to create a Routine in the Alexa App?

In other words: Does Homey Pro transmit the names of our Flows to the Alexa App? Automatically or through a request from the Homey App?

Thanks so much for your help, see you soon!

You have to mark the flows as favorite.
Then let Alexa search for new devices. The favorite flows will be added as scene.
Then you can kepp or remove the flow vom favorites. They will still be useable by Alexa. The favorutes list ist only used as filter to prevent pushing all flows to Alexa.

What are you searchig for in detail?
When klicking the plus button on top of the AfvancedFlow cancas, you can add trigger, conditions and actions. In the shown selection screen you can open the zones. search your device and take a flow card for this device.

Dear RonnyW,

You have been very clear and I think I understand, I hope! :wink::crossed_fingers:

Now I’ll do some tests, then I’ll tell you…

Dear RonnyW,

I’m initially trying to figure out two things:

– Does the Homey App (V. 7.0.0) manage the Advanced Flows or does it only the Web App?
– If so, where can I find them?

Later I will deal with more advanced problems, for now I really miss the Advanced Flows page…

Hi,

ah, now it’s clear.
AdvancedFlow is only available in WebApp, not in mobile app.

WebApp you have already opened in your screenshot.
In Flow caregory, click on the plus button. Then you can choose between standard and AdvancedFlow.

Dear RonnyW,

now it’s all clear to me! Thank you! :smiley::+1:

1 Like

Dear RonnyW,

I managed to do everything you explained to me; Thank you with all my heart!

Forgive me if I ask you again for advice…

I use Shelly 1 Wi-Fi switches to turn lights on and off; is it possible to create a Flow that turns a light on or off based on its state?
In reality it is the switch that switches according to its state: it turns on if it is off and it turns off if it is on.

So Alexa would only receive the command: «Alexa, turn on/off […]»

If it is possible, can you explain me how to do it?

Because otherwise every light needs 2 Flows, right?

I rely on your knowledge which is certainly better than mine…

Your switch isbusing wrong state? Homey device is off while the light is on?

Then best way ist to create a virtual device

• Homey settings: activate experiments
  • Now you can add a new device, choose “Homey” as brand and select switch.
  • you have a switch now that gets synced to Alexa, so change its name before searching in Alexa for new devices. You can use this virtual switch so change its state with voice commands.
  • now create a flow, select the virtual switch, choose the trigger “when switched on”. As action switch off your real switch.
  • now a second flow vice versa: “when switched off” then switch on the real device.

Dear RonnyW,

I don’t think I understood much… I’ll try and then I’ll tell you!

My Homey Pro works fine and I had already inserted all Shelly devices; I had also already activated the Homey Skill which had detected all my devices.

Now I’m trying to understand what you suggested! :smiley::crossed_fingers:

Dear @RonnyW,

I couldn’t do what you explained to me… :sweat:

But I almost solved the problem, look:

The only problem I have left is the second step: «E…» (And…)
However, I do not want to use that condition, but one that is completely irrelevant; do you have an idea to suggest me? :smiley::crossed_fingers:

Problem solved here!