Ah - now I understand - sorry
So it’s basically to make it easier to dim as much as possible without turning off. I can do that as a setting, sure.
Precisely!
I use that a lott, dimming a light to 1% ![]()
As far as I can see Homey don’t support off-peak and peak pricing - so the prices that come from Homey with fixed price is just a flat line. Would you still want to show that line? Or were you thinking that the widget should be able to manage the off-peak/peak config and calculations?
You are right: Homey currently allows you to set one fixed price value (I have to set the average of the peak/off-peak values) .
And now that I think of it again, using that value would indeed show a flat line and a fixed price at the top right part of the widget. If you would add the option to add the tariffs in your widget, then you would still end op with a graph that changes only twice a day.
I don’t think it is worth it changing your app just for that. Just disregard my question
.
Yes that looks great
. And I am aware of the API key requirement in orde to set variables.
Hello @ThomasRS
Loving the widgets, using a number of them on my Dashboards, thank you!
A couple of suggestions for improvements/additions. With the Energy monitor, here in the UK we don’t yet have dynamic pricing available (I have raised this a couple times with Athom, but no luck yet) Would it be possible to add a switch to this widget’s settings to turn this off, and remove the message at the bottom, as well as the empty price top right please? I don’t need reminding we’re missing out on that, and it takes up unnecessary space:
For the Device Values widget, would it be possible at all to expose the colour of the tiles in Advanced Flows? My thoughts being I would like to dynamically change the different titles colour depending upon the device status. For example, I have a small status panel that displays checks for my Internet connection, and my fridge freezer thermometers. I would like to make the Internet connection monitors green when they succeed, and red if they fail, based on the generic alarm condition. And the fridge thermometer I would like to make blue below 5°C and red above… similar for the freezer but the temperature being -20°C. That seems a bit complex to implement in the widget itself, but if the tiles colour could be changed by Flow, that would be simple enough to achieve.
Thank you kindly for your consideration. Your work on these most excellent widgets is greatly appreciated.
Thanks for the feedback! ![]()
Turning prices view off will be in next release.
I’ll look into exposing background color to flows ![]()
Awesome-sauce! I’m hoping that Athom will manage to get dynamic pricing working in the UK soon ![]()
But meanwhile, that would be great, thank you kindly.
If you could manage that, these would become my favourite and most useful widgets… I have many ideas how I could use that
Would elevate my Dashboard game greatly ha ha
Example of one of my Dashboards using your widgets… my Android tablet control panel by my sofa seat (first of many planned ha ha)
(Typically cloudy UK weather
)
Another thought, would it be possible to have the colour of the heat maps user selectable? So you could set temperature to be red, humidity to blue, and pressure to purple or yellow. Wouldn’t need to be dynamic like the devices, so would be simpler. But would make it easier to tell them apart at a glance.
Quick update on whats currently in the next update (v0.8.0):
- New widget, Flow Variables: your Flow variables as compact rows that show the full name, 1 or 2 per line. Yes/no variables get a switch, numbers get − value + (tap the value to type one), and text can be tapped and edited (requires personal API Key).
- Electricity Overview:
- It supports a fixed electricity price set in Homey Energy: the price shows in the header, without the price chart.
- Solar export below zero is drawn in yellow, with “Exporting now” in the header.
- A new setting turns the prices off, leaving only usage.
- Light Controls: a new setting stops the brightness bar at 1 % instead of turning the light off.
- Device Values: a Flow card sets a tile’s colour (red, orange, yellow, green, blue or purple, or Default to reset it).
- All widgets: clearer setting names, order and help texts.
Still awaiting Athoms certification of 0.7.0 so I can push 0.8.0.
Sure - I’ll add that.
You good sir
are a LEGEND!
Thank you ![]()
@SunBeech there’s a Dad Joke one just off the bottom of the screen ha ha ![]()
They use this app:
And the Amazon Echo app, to announce a joke house-wide when you tap the virtual button.
I keep meaning to replace the virtual buttons with a single Device Capabilities AVD that has 3 buttons, but just defaults to a dad joke for the Quick Action… I’ll get around to it eventually ha ha
EDIT: I also keep the Dad Jokes app disabled, and the Advanced Flow only starts the app when you press a button, fetches a new joke, tells the joke, then re-disables the app so it doesn’t unnecessarily use resources ![]()
Thank you very much!
Ok. Think I have a fix for that in 0.8.0 ![]()
When you do, please share it as a template ![]()
Its writen here how you can do it:
Its pretty simple, follow these steps and you’ll get a pre-writen template. Just change the header, text and a picture and your done ![]()








