[APP][Pro] WhatsApp, Signal, Telegram, Facebook messenger

yes, looks like your Telegram username is not formatted correctly somehow. It states it must be like @yourUserName . Is that the format you entered in Homey?

Fixed Robin, I created a new Telegram device, with an @ in front of my alias.
Thx for the quick response!

The voicemail arrives as text. I tried to call back, but no voicemail message.
Did I miss something again…

I think I just start all over again, and use my alias with an @ in front of it

Logs:

User @Peter_Kawa is not in the whitelist. Checking Authorization...Using bot: @CallMeBot_API4Autorization OKUser:@Peter_KawaText to speech:testConverting mp3 file.Starting Telegram Audio Call.Checking if line is busy... Script started! Script ended before Timeout. Call Rejected by userEnd.- at telegramDriver.sendVoice

Screenshot_20210615-170134_Homey|550x500

I think you need to allow CallMeBot_API4 once to send you messages. I got a pop-up the first time for that. Maybe you need to add it to your known contacts?

(I’m also figuring out on the go how all this works :wink:)

So, I just started all over.
Voice bot is in my contacts, did not get a popup to allow anything. Also I can’t find how to whitelist or ‘trust’ it.

The log keeps saying @Peter_Kawa should be whitelisted (but where?)
The test call url mentioned the same:

More tests
https://api.callmebot.com/start.php?user=+316mynumber&text=This+is+a+test+call

User +316mynumber is not in the whitelist. Checking Authorization…
Using bot: @CallMeBot_API
Authorization for phone +316mynumber not found.
Warning! User not authorized. Click here to authorize CallMeBot to contact you.

(I added callmebot_API also to my contacts)

I tried @Peter Dee and @PeterDee and @Peter%20Dee with the same error returned :upside_down_face: :wink:

I have no clue other than that it looks you are automatically rejecting the call. Did you try on another device? For me it works for both my tablet and phone, both logged in on the same Telegram account. I can choose which one to pick up…

Maybe ask support@callmebot.com ?

And make sure the bot is not blocked in your Telegram privacy settings. These are my settings:

@Gruijter , hi after a message from the callmeapp.com developer I have reactivated the homey callmeapp. will monitor it for junk messages and will share it here with you and the developer of callmeapp.com.
His message was:
Hello Ton,

Thank you for the screenshot. It really helps. I can confirm that the problem is not with your apikey. Your apikey is correct and secure. There was a problem with the bot (my mistake) that is happening when the bot is suffering from a high workload.

I implemented a double-check to avoid these types of problems in the future …

1 Like

Solved, but a bit fuzzy still…

I had “telefoon contacten” set to “iedereen”
error
Then added both bots to “Altijd toestaan”
error
Force killed the cellphone app and installed Telegram desktop on linux
success!
Then I started Telegram app on my cellphone (while nothing was changed in the meantime)
success!
Changed “telefoon contacten” back to “Contacts”
success!

One ‘strange’ thing, my TTS messages are read twice

Cheers Robin!
Peter

1 Like

That is done by default. In theory I could make this a setting in the flowcard, but I think that is already crowded with 3 fields you need to set.

Thanks. It is not a problem, in case you missed the first part of the message, it gets repeated :wink:

Update: Whatsapp works like a charm, no issues.

Awesome! Will certainly download this app. Would be awesome if whatsapp could receive pictures from the doorbell!

2 Likes

Working on that already. Will take some time though. Not so easy :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I’m so f*ckin glad developers like you exist lol. For me nothing is easy :joy:. Thank you a lot for all your effort!

4 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Installed and working great! Looking for usecases

1 Like

I was kind of hoping you would bring the use cases :joy:

1 Like

haha, right! Waiting for the picture / screenshot options. Then I’ll have a usecase, besides that I guess it is a “replacement” for the notifications from Homey itself.

New version 1.3.0 available as test https://homey.app/a/com.gruijter.callmebot/test/

• Added send image (Signal and FB messenger).

Send Images

With Signal and FB messenger you can send images via a flow.

Unfortunately CallMeBot does not have a documented way of sending images to WhatsApp and Telegram. I contacted the developer about this.

4 Likes

So go test the new version that supports sending pictures :wink:

Being a replacement for Homey push service: Yes, but

• I think not all family members will have the Homey app installed (not in my House at least).
  • And secondly, people check their whatsapp every 3 minutes. Homey messages just get ignored.
  • Thirdly the Homey push doesn’t allow to send images (but I might be wrong, I never tried)

It does support sending images, but it only shows up in your notifications on your phone, doesn’t show in the timeline. This with all downsides… you can’t resize or zoom, at least, not with Apple.

–

Maybe i’m doing something wrong, but I don’t have the new flows with pictures. Do I have to readd the device?