[APP][Pro] Volvo on Call - Connected technology that makes your life easier

I think you can try and extend “Refresh from the car (minutes)” to as much as possible, this is the action that tells Volvo On Call cloud to wake up your car and refresh all values.

Refresh from the cloud (minutes), this to my understanding only retrieves current values from Volvo On Call cloud, ie could be old values, but shouldn’t cause your actual car to be queried.

Refresh position (minutes), my understanding is that this service also works towards the Volvo On Call cloud, ie could be old values, but shouldn’t cause your actual car to be queried.

Thank you.

I will try this report back in a few days :+1:

I have a V60 T6 2021 and cannot login to Volvo on call.
I get the following error message when adding the device in homey
“The provided credentials are not valid”

Same error here, for model XC40 2021

I tested with the credentials I have and that still works. I also created a new Volvo ID and tested to login with that and login works, but I don’t have a car there obviously.

Can you run the app via the CLI and see if any errors are logged? It is, unfortunately, impossible for me to test this without having access to an account where it doesn’t work.

Tried to log out ans in again. Still works here

1 Like

Hi Ed,

Does your password have any special chars? I know apps (like Ziggo Go) which have problems with password having special chars. Change you password to something more simple and test it again.

1 Like

Hi Marco, tx!
Change to a more simple pw (without $-sign) did the trick, my car is now added😁

Does your password have any special chars?

Wow, didn’t see that one!

Tried to recreate the issue and didn’t succeed :frowning:
Changed password on my dummy account to include a $ sign and login still works fine, get the message “No new devices have been found”. No errors in the logs.
Which firmware version are you guys on? I’m on v5 latest RC.

Hi Richard, not working pw consisted out of 3 numbers - $ - 4 letters (one capital)

Not sure what RC means but app version used here is 4.8.15

Br Edward

Now it works :slight_smile:
Had to uninstall the app and restart Homey then I reinstalled the app.
Also tried changing to a simple password but it did not help.
I’m on v5 latest RC

1 Like

Sorry, meant version 5 of the firmware, latest Release Candidate (RC) which currently is 57. Version number then is; 5.0.0-rc.57

Hi Richard
Im so happy you built this app. Im so eager to use it.
Does this app support the “uppcoming” Volvo on call app? My Volvo XC40 P8 currently dont work with volvo on call app, but will soon be supported.

Will The P8 be supporten in this app? Is three any tecnicalitys. Can I support in any way?

When I try now it just says my Volvo account dont have any cars in it.

Can you shed some Light on this?
I thinking about this when I just red this new article;

Hi Richard,

5.0.0-rc.50

Br Edward

I have no info about the new upcoming Volvo On Call app, so difficult to know what will change.
I saw the info about the new API, and clearly, that is the way to go. As of now, it is a bit limiting from what I see when I quickly checked, but I guess they will add more resources and actions (I hope).

Seems there is no location API or actions like control heater.
Volvo Cars Innovation Portal

I would have hoped for a type of streaming API, to remove the need to constantly pull the cloud for info to see if something changed.

Hi Richard,
very happy you created this app, have been using it for a while now and use it to trigger several flows on a daily basis. Since I updated Homey to 5.0.4 earlier this week I have some troubles with the “distance from Homey”. When the car is at home, the “distance from Homey” shows 3.6km while the app also shows the car is at the home address/location. As a result, the app does not recognize the car is at home and flows do not trigger anymore. The setting “proximity of home” “only” allows a max setting of 1000m so that will not help either. Also removed the app, restarted Homey and reinstalled the app, but that not help.

Can you please take a look at this to see what is causing this? Please let me know if I can be of any help.

1 Like

Have you checked the position of homey?

1 Like

Thank you. The automatic location determination was way off. Never happened before so did not think about that. Glad it is solved.

2 Likes

New to Homey since a month I’ve used this great app with two flows. For some strange reason it doesn’t seem to work anymore since approx 1 or 2 weeks. Have there been any changes?

The 2 flows I have are:

Close the doors after leaving the car
WHEN: the engine stopped
AND: /
THEN: Doors & Locks Lock after 3 min + Send notification ‘doors locked’ to me.
=> Homey sends me a message but the doors aren’t locked

Start the car after I had my espresso (which is what I do just before leaving home)
WHEN: Bosch-Siemens Home Connect: machine is switched off
AND: I’m home + it’s between Monday and Thursday + time is before 7:29
THEN: Engine, remote start (with 5min duration) + Send notification ‘Car started’

Nevertheless the app is running on the homey.

Regarding locked doors;
It is a bit of a mystery how frequently the cars push their status to the VOC cloud. Thus it is hard to know if the current status of your car match what is in the VOC cloud. Ie doors could be locked as per VOC cloud, but they are not in reality, and vice versa.
Communication looks like this
car → VOC cloud → Homey

There is a setting in the app to call to VOC cloud and tell it to refresh the status from the car. This is by default set to 120 minutes. The reason for this is that too frequent refreshes will most likely affect your 12V battery, ie you can start seeing low battery warnings in your car. You are of course free to set this value to something much lower, every minute is the lowest value you can set in the app.

The status is then fetched from the VOC cloud to your Homey every 5 minutes by default. Also, this can be configured in the settings to as low as every minute.

Regarding start of the car
Please look in the device’s advanced settings and the field Most recent VOC Error after the action is invoked. If the action fails we should see the error here.

1 Like