[APP][Pro] Tesla Smart Charger

V. 1.8.1 with a fix to handle rate limit errors from the Tesla API.

Here’s a link to install the test-version v. 1.8.1:

cc: @Andrea_Marchisi @micros43 @Soren_Rasmussen @proisland

1 Like

Thank you! Installed the version now to test.

Thanks, I’ve installed it. However several cards continue to give the same error ( example: is charging on?, Steering wheel heating on, Sear heating for driver to low)

Can you share the flow(s) and error message you see? And you can run on of the flows, and the create a diagnostics report for the app.

fa7d2daa-3853-43f2-a8b5-2adb7423c4ed

Here above the diagnostic report. I have to say that the error is not sistematic. Sometime the card works. Is it possibile that I have too many requests (flows) that work in the same time.

You will get this message if the Tesla API reports that there are too many requests in a given time range.

You should try to avoid calling the flow too often, or add a delay of 2 - 3 seconds before “Is charging on”

I’ll do thanks!

I made the chages. I have a flow that update the maximum charge power (Amps) every 4 sec, in relation to the house current assorbtion. So this was continuing interfering with other flows. So I’ve introduced a stop to this flow, when the others run. It’s seems it works.

Testing now!
The new version hasn’t failed yet, so I’m very very happy/satisfied🙂
But I’ll just test for a few more days before you get the final verdict

HI Søren Rasmussen

Testing:
The new test version solves the task 100%.
I thank you many many times.
I use the app to minimize the difference between my surplus production from solar cells and charging my Tesla
The new “API rate Limet” error can be handled, but is a bit unfortunate as it counteracts the equalization of the effects.
So if possible a smaller “rate Limet” time would be desired.
But again, THANK YOU

Hello, I just started using this app and I’m excited about it. But I get the following error missing capability listener lock. Any ideas?

Got the same…

Test-version v. 1.9.1, with the following fixes:

• Option to hide Location.
  • Add device name to timeline notifications.
  • Fixed issue with missing listener for locked status.

Use this link to install the test-version:

cc: @MichaelB @perage @Bart_Driessen @MarcoL

3 Likes

Thanks for the update. I installed it and the lock / unlock view / options disappeared altogether.

Michael

2 Likes

@balmli thanks for the update - on first glance the changes all work :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Bjørnar! Same experience as MichaelB; the controls disappeared in the test version.

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for this very good app!

I have a request about " * Is at location (Location)" card. This card is a strict card. If the card isn’t at this precise location, it doesn’t run. At work, my car isn’t at the same place at all time, but frequently 2 or 3 meters around. Do you think it’s possible to add a distance tolerance, to be sure to declare the right location?

Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

In the settings you can set the radius of the location, up to a maximum of 250m
Bildschirmfoto vom 2023-08-03 10-31-36

Thanks, I got it. I will test that :slight_smile:

When polling #battery, does it read from last fetched stored data (as per interval) or it reads from vehicle directly each time when accessed ? Similar question for AND condition “Charging On” when accessing thisdoes it check real-time with car or its kind of hook/trigger as WHEN “Charging started” “Charging Stopped” “Vehicle came home”.

Asking if frequent polling of #battery or using AND “Charging on” wakes up the car or not.
I am using this App to show charging progress on LaMetric Time Clock and when finished announce finish & status on Alexa. I have noticed quite some drain on vehicle’s battery even with data fetching period 3 hours so would like to confirm it was because of polling #battery every 5 minutes. (Maybe #battery_fetched might be a good feature if so).