[APP][Pro] Tasmota MQTT

Hi everybody,

Here is the new test version 0.10.0: Tasmota MQTT | Homey
It is just a test version I will not publish it to release (want to do some improvements). So this version supports the device icon change. To change the icon you should select: Device settings → Advanced Settings → Device icon. A couple of limitations: 1. This functionality will only work for newly added devices. For old devices attempt to change icons will do nothing. 2. You can only use icons from the list and cant add yours (maybe I will add possibility to add custom icons in future). 3. Icon will be applied only after application restart (that’s the time when Homey front end picking up icons from storage). Immediately after icon change, you will see no difference. 4. If you will change the device icon and then revert back to the stable version (v.0.9.3) icon will still be the same as you set in 0.10.0. 5. Icon change now works only for tasmota devices (not working for Zigbee sensors yet)
Here is a reference picture for icons you can apply for your devices:

The name of the file is the name of the item in the settings dropdown box (just replace _ with space and make the first letter capital).
Let me know if everything works and also if you would like to see icons for other device types.

Wow amazing set already! I will definitely change my devices to the new version. But will I have to re-add them in the future for a final release?

Also for the other device types, I have some requests. You already have many types of lamps/lights, but only one for curtains. I use switches on:
Curtains (yours look fine!)
Roller shutters ( something like this? Roller Shutter Door - Free buildings icons)
Suhshades (mine are what they call “Zonnescherm” Iconen tekenen voor Pals zonwering Boskoop | Rhapsody Ontwerpt)
Other types of curtains or blinds (like Curtain Blind Icon Set Design Stock Vector (Royalty Free) 1383449000)

Greet work Pav,

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

@pavlo Nice!

Did you also see one of the latest updates of the MQTT Device?

It allows both uploading a custom icon & selecting one of 5955 material design icons:

Maybe its just copy/paste of functionality?

Trying to add devices… I think something is not right yet :sweat_smile:

Also my previous devices (lights and shutters) were unresponsive. Downgraded and now everything works.
Will this update break all existing devices? I thought you only had to recreate when you wanted another icon?

Also Harrie’s solution looks very nice! Maybe it would also save you so dev work?

@HarriedeGroot Nice job. Haven’t seen it. Will definitely check your solution for custom icons before starting mine. Thanks for letting me know.

Sorry for that. This directory exists in my Homey because of my previous experiments so I was not aware that it is not working when you install it from scratch. Please, check the fixed version Tasmota MQTT App voor Homey | Homey. And thanks for the ideas for new icons I will check them.

@pavlo Custom icons part is also ‘borrowed’ from the Virtual Devices app.
I would like to also allow PNG uploads, but didn’t look into it yet.
The copied implementation does a conversion from SVG to base64 string, don’t know the reason behind this choice and if its neccesairy at all.

Thanks for the explanations!

No. It will work in all feature releases.

It shouldn’t brake existing devices so you need to read them only if you want to change icons. You got unresponsive devices because app crashed. In fixed version everything should be OK :slight_smile:

Published 0.10.2 to test. Small changes: added a couple of new icons, added icons changing mechanism for Zigbee sensors. Tasmota MQTT | Homey

Hi @pavlo,
I’m not sure if somebody mentioned this issue before, but the icons are not shown in the web app anymore. Same device icon is shown in the smartphone app correctly at the same time:

image image

Hello. Is Sonoff Mini R2, wi-fi Smart switch with DIY mode compatible? I already have installed Tasmota firmware on it but I am not sure if right version of firmware.

Thanks. Didn’t checked icons change in the web versiont before. It looks like the web version processes icons differently. Will need to do some experiments.

@Thomas_Buran here is the link to how to flash it in DIY mode Sonoff Mini R2 Switch flashing Tasmota - iot.formatx.net . And what do you mean by version? If it is just version number I would suggest using the latest 9.5.0 If it si about variant I would say use just normal tasmota (tasmota.bin) in all cases, only if you need some special features or sensors use tasmota-sensors.bin (or make your own build :slight_smile: )

Does anyone know why my app keeps loading when I wan’t to add a device?

1 Like

Hi Noxeus did you fix this?

hi every one, i have a big problem with a tasmota device running 8.1, basically I can’t add it to the tasmota app, for 2 years work perfectly with sonoff app by Robert Klep, but yesterday all going wrong, the sonoff not work via internet ( homey app and Alexa) but still work via ip input. I tried to restart broker mosquito, client mosquito, (sonoff app also) but when I try to add a new tasmota device the message says : “no MQTT message received during device search. please make sure that MQTT client application , MQTT broker and tasmota device are properly configured”.

so I tried to see tasmota log and I see that : " MQT Connect failed to 192.168.1.XX:1883, rc -2. Retry in 10 sec"

what I have to do? for 2 years all going right and now with same configuration not work, thank you

Edit: using tasmotrol ( an ios app) the sonoff work fine but i still can’t use the mqtt to link this tasmota with homey and in the log the connection continue to fail but the mqtt ip si right the door is 1883 , i don’t understand

Hi guys.

I’ve been having a few problems with my Tasmota based devices lately and was wondering if others have experienced the same thing.

I’ve owned my Homey for about a year now. All of my Tasmota devices have worked perfectly up until the last few weeks. Most of them run through the Tasmota MQTT App except for one device , a SonOff RFBridge which just has its MQTT output monitored via the MQTT client looking for wildcards…

For some reason I’m now getting very large delays in response time to all of them when I send a command to a device or if Homey is reacting to the input from a device …

eg … When I try to turn a light on and off from the Homey APP it takes up 2 to 10 seconds for the light to come on, encounters a long pause, then turns off. Same thing occurs with a device such as a window contact sensor that sends out a trigger. I open and close the window. It takes 2 to 10 seconds for Homey to acknowledge the window was opened, thr. a long pause , then acknowledges the window is closed.

I’m on the latest version 7 of Homey … All my devices are on Tasmota 9.5 … My Wifi and network seem to be ok. I can turn on my Wifi based Yeelights from the Homey APP no prob. They are super quick and snappy when I issue a command to turn them on and off. All other things are working fine.

The delay times seem to vary and aren’t consistent, but are mostly slo. On the odd occasion they seem to work fine with no delay for some reason. One common observation and test ive been able to make is if I log into the web interface of one of my Tasmota devices and issue a reboot command to it , it will then work perfectly normal for about 5 minutes or so but will then start getting laggy again. I restart it again, it works fine for a while , then goes back to being laggy.

I’m not sure if this is due to a Tasmota App issue , a MQTT broker issue, or a MQTT client issue… I have all the latest versions of each. I’ve also re-installed each APP (a few times) .

Anyone have any idea’s ?

I have recently switched my MQTT broker off of Homey and into Homey Assistant with the Mosquitto addon (which is connect wired instead of wireless like homey) and have noticed a lot faster responses from all my MQTT devices and also a better discoverability as well. My devices previously were unavailable a lot in HA. Homey didn’t show this issue btw.

But long answer short, maybe worth the try to use another MQTT broker.

Are you saying Homey’s MQTT broker is ( broken). ?

Or Homey is underpowered.

I checked overall system memory and CPU usage. Those are fine.

I also checked those APP’s usage. They are also fine,

I don’t have many devices. If I restart one device , it works perfectly fine for a while the others still operate slowly…

There are no other lags with my system. My Wifi based Yeelights turn on very quick and responsively from the Homey APP…

It’s got me stumped.