[APP][Pro] Simple (Sys) LOG - Use this app for Simple (Sys) Logging

Did you set the correct app id?

Hi @Arie_J_Godschalk

Feature request:

• Is it possible to add 1 flow card with configurable output to timeline and log, instead of different cards for each combination?

I like to play around with stuff that goes onto the log+timeline for convenience. Once flows work, I go through the flow to remove all ‘Send to Timeline and Log’ cards and replace them with ‘Send to Log’ cards.

If there were a "Send to Log and (also/not) to Timeline’ card, where (also/not) is an option on the card configuration, this would be quite the time saver.

I created this post to see if there is demand from the community for the same. Perhaps I’m the only one who has this on the wish-list. So: if you would like to see this feature, DO LIKE THIS POST, since it can help Arie deciding whether or not it makes sense to create such a flow card.

1 Like

Well Roger, ill first put more time in the Automater script, because the idea is that you can configure all cards within a flow so the flowcards get created/removed/update (see the script in posts 6).
I can place a configuration in that card.

This way, SL will not get more complicated for default users, since the Automater card is a non-pickable, scripts generated dummy card, we can put a lott of settings there, well hidden from most users, and very handy when fully done: one automater per flow will let the user that uses the script, have a very good place to configure each flow’s automatic logging. Ofc, right now you do need to run the script by hand.
However, if homeyscript is getting rights to update flows, than the Dummy (still only creatable by script) could trigger one-then-to-make automater triggercard, which would run a HomeyScript that updates the originating/triggered flow when it’s update.

2 Likes

Jus FYI: it looks like the DeleteFlowcards script isn’t always working.
Fortuantly, no reports of stuff wrongly removed, only reports that it doesn’t update regular flows.

Dont forget to set the flowNames =null to run all flows.

Hmmm… You wrote to me that I should replace that for:
flowNames;//
Confused now… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Did I understand you incorrect?

It’s the same for my code, if flowNames is null, undefined, doesnt matter.

And in this case, i just found it better written to say: set it to null, instead of, putt a ;// behind it… :wink:

Ah, ok. Thanks! :+1:t2:

1 Like

Hi @Arie_J_Godschalk ,
According to this first post

Connect to a Syslog - You can also connect to multiple Syslog-clients to a) send specific message and b) have all default messages (with certain severities or higher) sent there.

It is possible (the way I read this) to send the content to an external Syslog. However - I would expect this to be called a syslog server, not a client.

I already have a syslog server, and it would be really nice if my Simple (Sys) Logs are sent there…

Maybe I misinterpreted your first post, but if not: how do I configure the logs to be sent to an external syslog server (on the same LAN as Homey)?

Thanks!

You can install a device and configure it:
Screenshot from 2023-03-18 16-48-24

1 Like

Thanks @Peter_Kawa,
I have created a syslog client device, but logs do not show up on the server yet.
Will need some time next week to figure out where I went wrong with this.
Have a nice weekend!
Roger

2 Likes

I did the upgrade on my Production Pro 2019 with 8.x firmware from Simple Log to this new Simple Log version. Did inmediate a rollback to the previous Simple log version.

Simple log cards in standard and advanced flows are not converted to the/a new format, and I can also not see the content of the log message anymore (what did I log there, which tags where included?).

Does this mean that I need to check all my flows what they are now and make screenshots and then update manually all simple log flowcards or is the upgrade programming not yet completed?
:sweat_smile:

What do you mean with this?
The cards are not changed, only got a FormattedTitle, and there are 2 new hidden cards.
(O, and 2 extra optional fields, severity and facility)

But no cards should be converted.
They are the same cards as before.

Use a syslog client device to connect to another Syslog server :slight_smile:

Nvm, thanks peter

2 Likes

Okay, i rechecked the Deletion script:

For my it seemed to work just fine, however, i did change the first lines to make the “arguments” more clear.
Let me know if it works alright!

1 Like

Could it be that I upgraded fromthe old niels version directly to your test version?
Roll back to production app, does now have your name in the app as developer.

Yeah, i first made a working SDK3 version which has been live for a while now.

I would’t know why: The datamodel was the same, i didn’t change anything.
However, once you convert, going back is possible, but you will lose the log.

But after installing the test version, what did the setting screen looked like?
And do you have a print-screen of the flowcards?

This is the App and the settings page, old fashion setting still.

Yeah, thats the current live one.
I mend the new test version? How does/did that settingscreen looked like?

Hi Arie,
Please consider to add a searchbar to look for specific words in the log.
Ofcourse I could export to csv and then search, but I would like to search directly in the homey-app.

Thanks is advance !

Eric

1 Like