[APP][Pro] RTL Nieuws for Homey

After seeing your picture of a flow, I see that the content is already available via tags in the IF card, so there is no need for an action card of this app, thanks.

I have a feeling I’m overlooking something.

I want a flow that is turned when I wake up.

I wake up → play news items from RTL

if I use the New Article Received option it won’t play when I wake up. However, without this card I have no option to play things.

I think I need an action card that can do this, but there is none.

I will take a look later on.

Take it easy.

Think you have to store the received data in a variable and play it when you need it. (not tried this)
but it would be convenient when you could do this directly by an action-card.

Easiest way😉

Yeah, I already thought it wouldn’t be that easy.

The best case scenario would be to be able to add multiple RSS feeds, and then select which item names should be used for the tags. But that’s a completely different thing.

A bit more on topic: I have a feeling that the app is missing some of the new articles. Can it be that new articles get skipped if there are multiple new articles available between two polling cycles?

The RTL items sometimes get published with only a minute (or less) between. The app seems to skip those items.

Hi @basvanderploeg I am currently working on an rss app where you can put up to 10 feeds in the settings.

No that is impossible. It skips articles on pubdate. This is seconds accurate.

That sounds awesome! Can’t wait to try it out!

And you’re right, the new articles are now coming in like expected. I probably did something wrong with my flow. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Happens to the best!

@basvanderploeg It is now available in test version. Any feedback please in dm. See topic [APP][Pro] RSS Feed Reader

New app update (TEST: 1.1.3 ):

• New: Image tag for action cards. (@basvanderploeg)
  • Fix: Video trigger cards