[APP][Pro] Power by the Hour: Insights per hour, day, month and year

The flow / virtual device expects a cumulative value for kWh. But looking at the naming your kWh resets to 0 every day.

I could add measure_energy_consumption_today to be detected by PBTH in a next release for you. That way you dont need to fondle with flows.

That would be great, thank you. I also send you small donation.

Got it! Many thanks, much appreciated! :beers:
Toshiba AC support will be included in v5.7.1. But I need to keep 5.7.0 in test for a few more days before I can push 5.7.1.

1 Like

Hi @Gruijter :slight_smile:
Since the update to v5.7.0 the “Money today” variable is not resetting at midnight:

Noticed this yesterday, and then did a restart of the app and a manual correction of the value, thinking it was a one off, but unfortunately not… :frowning:
Diagnostic report: f42e4b25-f359-41b2-8bd2-df78bb34bbce

Will investigate. Thx.

v5.7.1 is ready for testing: Power by the Hour | Homey

• Summarizer: Added support for Toshiba AC.
  • Summarizer: Fixed daily use reset at midnight.

@Patric_Hedin I hope this fixes it. Please let me know tomorrow :slight_smile:
@Daniel_S Please test Toshiba AC and let me know

1 Like

Hi Robin, unfortunately PBTH does not find the source devices when setting Power summarizer. Or you fixed for the flow to Virtual device?

Aw. It should do that on version 5.7.1
I added looking for measure_energy_consumption_today

Edit: think I found where I went wrong. Will update in 5.7.2.

v5.7.2 is ready for testing: Power by the Hour | Homey

• Migrate to homey-api@3.0.12.
  • Improved retry source devices.
  • Stability fixes.
  • Added support for Toshiba AC.
  • Fixed daily use reset at midnight.
  • Fixed pairing of IUNGO, Huawei Solar, ZTAZ P1 and Qubino.

@Daniel_S Can you try again with v5.7.2?

Cool, at a quick glance the source devices were found and grabbed the values. Many thanks

1 Like

Hi Robin,
Again thanks for this great app.

Sorry if I missed it as a known bug, but the Energy prices weren’t updated here, since around the 20th of August:

An app restart like 4 days ago (prior to the v5.7.0 update) solved it.

Homey v8.1.6
PbtH v.5.6.9

Any clue? Little chance of finding what was wrong I guess?

Other parts of the app worked fine:

Correct. An app diagnostics report just before the app restart might have provided a clue.

Yeah, it crossed my mind right after restarting :roll_eyes::sweat_smile:

Unfortunately v5.7.2 did not reset the daily use at midnight:

New diag. report (if you need it): bb94b928-65cc-4c53-bf71-d283be4865c9

For me the kWh daily reset still works, but money daily reset doesn’t work (since 11 sept.) I’m on experimental version 5.7.2 now.

Diag report: d6f77d95-7211-4297-abe9-5e3e91e8827e

Hi, same here, money keeps adding. Also on exp version 5.7.2

Bummer :confounded:
More work on the shop then for me.

Hi Robin

Thanks for your great work on PBTH! Very much appreciated :slight_smile:
Since 3 weeks I have 2 Sessy batteries installed and I’d like to know what the revenue is they generate.
Therfore your Battery summarizer tile comes in handy. So I configured it using my battery details and DAP update for Zonneplan to calculate revenue.
Perhaps I’m doing something wrong (must I build a flow?), but charge/discharge revenue is being retracted from one another, and not added.
Can you perhaps point me in the right direction?

While charging the revenue goes down (since it costs money to charge) But if you then discharge the revenue goes up again. And if you charge/discharge at the right moments, you will earn money :slight_smile: ! But if you do not do it on the right moments, you will loose money :frowning:

What version PBTH are you on? V5.7.x has a bug that will mess up the money value. This will be fixed in v5.7.3 (coming up :soon:)
And another question: how do you set the charge/discharge moments? Are you using the Sessy Portal ROI for that, or did you make a Homey ROI flow?
And you do realize you need a battery summarizer (and ROI flow if you use Homey for that) per each Sessy?

Yes, that helped me find a typo. Fix coming up (after testing it for a full hour)

edit: v5.7.3 is released as test version now.