[APP][Pro] Power by the Hour: Insights per hour, day, month and year

You can already achieve what you want with this flow:

1 Like

Changed in the new version 5.6.8: Power by the Hour App for Homey | Homey

@Marius_Stensrod @Satoer Please test and let me know if I can push it to stable.

1 Like

I have testet it. Now it only trigger ones. That is great! As of my opinion, you can push the update to stable.

1 Like

I remember to have read somewhere why some of my data is negative and the beginning of a new month, but I cant find that answer now. For example is the cost -312 SEK the first day of a new month. Do you know, or do you need more detailed info about what I mean?

Since you provided a workaround Iā€™ll skip that feature request but Iā€™ll add another one to your request channel and thatā€™s the possibility to retrieve the prices for today/tomorrow as JSON (same as what the WHEN-cards return) :wink:

Could it be the action card of DAP device for new prices for tomorrow isnā€™t working anymore? New prices for tomorrow (Zonneplan) are known in the app, but my flow with notification of this new prices isnā€™t triggered. For what I remember for a few days nowā€¦. :thinking:

Mmh. Have to check that. I changed double triggering in last version. Maybe tomorrow trigger broke.

1 Like

I hope you donā€™t have to change it back to double triggering again :sweat_smile:

I have the same issue. The app has the prices for tomorrow, but my flow to store the prices in a variable does not work anymore. Now my script that creates the planning for charging my car cannot look further ahead than midnight.

It would actually be nice if a JSON with all prices for today and tomorrow would be available as a device capability. That would remove the need to catch the prices and store them in a variable myself.

@Tycho The JSON with all prices is already implemented. Not as capability, but maybe this implementation is good for your purpose. By using this, you can eliminate your flow to store the prices for tomorrowā€¦

I myself still have to simplify my flows and scripts with this new featureā€¦

1 Like

How did you implement this planning? Iā€™m using a calendar for this, that I fill manually, but Iā€™m investigating ways to automate this.

Thanks for the suggestion. Itā€™s a great feature and it could work, but I would still have to store the prices since my planning is triggered by connecting my car to the charger so I need it at that point in time. I trust that the bug will be resolved soon, so I will just wait for that.

I implemented the charge planning with a combination of Advanced flows and Homeyscript.

-When I connect my car, an Advanced flow triggers that calculates how many hours I need to charge.
-The flow calls a Homeyscript to calculate the cheapest hours and stores the planning in a variable
-Every hour the Advanced flow checks if this is an hour in which it needs to charge. This triggers another Homeyscript that compares the current hour with the planning that I stored earlier. If yes, then charge.
-If my car is connected when new prices for tomorrow are received, then re-evaluate the planning and see if there are cheaper options available.

1 Like

I havnā€™t recieved new prices for tomorrow for the last couple of weeks now. As said over here, the prices is avaible in the app, but not triggering. Any fix for this?

2 Likes

Thanks!!

Hi, Sorry totally missed this message :sweat_smile:
Just installed it. Testing it today.

Hi @Gruijter ,

any idea what is going on ?

Diag:
b741a458-5b60-4716-ac44-e78776b6a5d4

ā€¦and now it disappeared ?

Looks like the source devices were gone. Did that app get an update maybe? Or did it crash?
Anyhoo, PBTH will retry every hour, so that is why it came back automatically.

1 Like

Hello Gruijter, i have a new question about the same card as mentioned before ā€œcheapest hourā€. I use this car to select the cheapest hour between two times. I have tried this card a while, and your fix for the double trigger works really great. But when it is more hours with negative prices (image attached), it trigger every hour with negative price, and i really want to fetch the lowest. Can you provide a remedy for det calculation?

Kind regards
Marius

So which card exactly are you using for this? Can you share a screenshot of your flow?