[APP][Pro] Power by the Hour: Insights per hour, day, month and year

Yeah, some issues, but noting that can not be resolved with some more advanced flow solutions. For example, the trigger is triggering a Switchbot that turns on the dishwasher. But after 7 minutes it triggers again and by doing so it turns off the dishwasher. I’ve implemented some extra logic to resolve these issues but it is a bit of a bodge. You would expect the trigger only to triggers once at the beginning of the hour.

Anyway thanks for your really useful app. Just bought you a couple of beers with the money I saved with your app :laughing:

1 Like

Donation received. Much appreciated! :heart::beers:

Hi Robin, yesterday I messed up a PBTH device (power summarizer). The only thing I did was to unplug the Smart Plug (Shelly Plus Plug S) when a load was on and plug it back after about 1/2 hour.

This has led to the fact that the energy values (kWh) and the costs now show completely wrong values for yesterday, this month and this year:

So I corrected the values “Start of month” and “Start of year” in the settings, but the values for yesterday, this month and this year are still wrong, because of the wrong value -283.33 kWh from yesterday:

Is there any way to correct this (the value from yesterday)?

I have something similar, with the same behaviour.

What logic did you build in?

Today it did not update again for a couple of hours. Then it worked again after restarting the PBTH app. Any chance you can check the diagnostics report?

313afe47-5e69-4d25-a612-90dd6f83bd5c

I ran this after restarting the app, not sure if this then has the error information in it you need.

Hello,

Can you implement the possibility to change PBTH source, for a Energy-summarizer? It would be nice to keep the data and change the source, not be needing to punch in the data manually. If this is not the right place for a feature request, where do i post it? It was not stated in the first or second post, in this topic.

Regards
Marius

There is a seperate topic for feature requests. Your request is already posted there: [APP][Pro] Power by the Hour [Feature Requests] - #116 by erlend_oyen

New version 5.6.7 is ready for testing: Power by the Hour | Homey

• DAP: Fixed price fetching error handling.

This should fix prices not updating on occasional price source issues.

1 Like

You could do this bodge to overcome the flow starting again after 7-8 minutes when the “The price is the lowest for the coming 8hr” gets triggered.

If the trigger activates, the flow waits 30 seconds (in case there are more things that need to be handled inside the same flow), and after that it deactivates the flow. Waits 10 minutes, and reactivates the flow.

Another issue I had, that the trigger “The price is the lowest for the coming 8hr” gets triggered again and again every hour after that if the next hour is a slightly higher price than previous hour. Of course this is understandable and correct behaviour. But in my case it pressed the dishwasher button again and disabled it. I have solve this to check if the current price is cheaper than the previous price:

You could also set and reset a true/false variable to check if something is already activated once.

Since the last update (v.5.6.7 that was installed today on my HP2019) tomorrows prices are not fetched although the prices are available at Ensoe. Restarting the app does not solve the issue. Any ideas @Gruijter?

Send me an app diagnostics report. For me pricefetching works.

Here’s the report: c748be9e-0256-4d87-95a7-e5f0195a4241

I dont see anything wrong. I see logs that prices are correctly fetched every hour, and sent to the summarizer. So what exactly isnt updated? Edit: but im on my phone right now. Hard to read the logs. Will dig deeper once I get to a laptop;)

Sorry for taking up your time with this… Your app has received the prices for tomorrow… Background: I have a flow that’s triggered by “New prices arrived for tomorrow” and then stores tomorrows prices in a text variable (for further use) and if that flow has’nt been run/triggered before 13:58 (local time, Sweden) it restarts your app once every hour (this usually gets the prices for tomorrow on the first restart). If the trigger has’nt been activated within a couple of hours it notifies me and then I get worried…
Seems that my Homey did’nt record the event (and stored the new prices in my local variable) and a restart of PBTH does’nt change that trigger soo… Sorry again, have just ordered a HP2023 as I think my old HP2019 has too much to keep track of… Sorry again… :frowning:

1 Like

No worries :kissing_heart:

Many thanks for your kind donation. Much appreciated! :heart: :beers:

Hello,

I am using the “The price becomes on of” card , why does it trigger exactly at the whole hour, and then again 9 minutes later? I have tested it a bit, and it does that every time. I am trying to use this card to set a variable to set another action, but my variable is set twice, and that is a issue.

Kind Regards
Marius

You’re soo worth it :slight_smile: A question though…Would it be possible to add an AND-event for “Tomorrows prices has been fetched”?.. Just an idea…

1 Like

The double trigger is caused by internal price fetching. I can look at preventing the double trigger in a next release.

But you can already create a different flow that starts e.g. 1 minute after each hour, and then use the ‘AND’ card. That way it is always only triggered once.

Can you add it as feature request? [APP][Pro] Power by the Hour [Feature Requests]

Yeah, that works. But it is not nescessary to trigger the card twice, because the price does change only one time in a hour. It would be great if you could prevent it.

Thank you wery much for your reply.

Kind Regards
Marius

1 Like