[APP][Pro] Power by the Hour: Insights per hour, day, month and year

Have a look at this great work by @Stikstof to get very nice looking pricing graphs:

3 Likes

Hi,
I noticed that since a couple of days, this card does activate more than once per day. It should only activate at the lowest price of the day (right?)?

Normally yes, but yesterday the price at 14h was exactly the same at 15h. So that is why it triggered twice.

1 Like

@Gruijter I see why it happens when the price is exactly the same. But the log shows 5 triggers for today, between 11 and 15h.
Any idea how that happened?
7b1110f9-b3ec-49df-9165-c3a426fa3888

I checked the log, but I don’t see anything weird. So I don’t know what happened. Maybe a Homey reboot is needed?

Thanks for checking it out.
I will do a reboot, but just to be sure:

Nothing wrong in that flow right ?
Could it be, that it sees every 0 as the lowest point and everything under 0 as the same?

you could try replacing the trigger card to ‘is the lowest today’ in stead of ‘is lowest one of 1 lowest today’

1 Like

Work in progress:

4 Likes

Nice :grinning:.
Request: can you make this chart customisable (with setting in advanced settings) to choose for prices for 24 hours of current day (your example), or all known future prices starting at current hour (like Zonneplan app)? :grin:

I think I can add that.

There is however a weird problem with images on Homey in general. Sending them via a flow works for some apps, but not all, and also depends on platform HP2016/2019 vs HP2023.

edit: @Jorden Can you give a clue why your image apps (Image grabber and Telegram Bot) are able to send the .png, while other apps (like Telegram, or Homey Push Notifications on HP2023) fail to do so?

I heard that sending images with the Telegram bot on Homey Pro 2023 doesn’t work. I don’t have one, haven’t ordered it yet (it’s on the list but since my home is so automated, I wanted to wait a bit to see if all worked well before I upgrade my home) so I cannot test it currently.
I think it sends as a .bin file and could be that I just need to set the extension differently in some cases. It might be a ‘bug’ in Homey, where I use the image.getStream code to get the image. The filename parameter might be unfilled on the HP2023. Here is the code in the Telegram Bot app:

const stream = await image.getStream();
				form.append('photo', stream, {
					contentType: stream.contentType,
					filename: stream.filename,
					name: 'photo',
				});
1 Like

v5.6.0 was just released as test version: Power by the Hour | Homey

• DAP: added pricing graphs as images.
  • DAP: Added future prices trigger flow card.
  • Battery: Improved hedge strategy.

So this adds pricing graphs that can be viewed from the device tile, and can also be used to send as image in a flow (note, not all apps support sending these images)

Also I added a trigger flow card that provides all known future prices as JSON, starting at the present hour (especially for you @Torch1969 !)

2 Likes

Great work @Gruijter.
Can you take a look at the hours on the x-axis? I think they should be adjusted starting from current time… :wink:

the current hour is always 0. Maybe I will change it. Maybe not :wink:

Ok, then the meaning of number on x-axis is “# hours from current hour”. Still little hard to recalculate the real hour. On the other hand, how to handle the hours on next day, starting again from zero…. :thinking:

Another “bug”: After showing (or rebuilding for new hour?) the graph several times, the drop-down grows….

The picture with the graphs stays black on my homey 2023 pro.

That’s what I get from adding new features :face_exhaling:

The dropdown growing is only on my HP2016, not on my HP2023.
The screen staying black on HP2023 is not what I have. On my HP2023 all is good…

Must be a Homey bug, or something not/badly documented on how to use camera images.

Will dig into it tonight (maybe).

1 Like

Thanks and take your time.
If you need logs or help let me know

1 Like

new version 5.6.1 is ready for testing. In my test Homey’s it all works fine …

1 Like

Thx for this, but which trigger flow card is this? I cannot find it…:thinking: