[APP][Pro] Power by the Hour: Insights per hour, day, month and year

Hmmm, interesting improvement !

Would it be impossible to make it compatible with inverters, eg. those reporting how much flow in and out of battery? :slight_smile:

Example of Solax type

Yes maybe. If you can supply a link to the source code and can explain what the different capabilities do.

1 Like

Hm, I thought it might be universal, it’s probably not worth to make it for one type of inverters…also not all source codes are available, like in this case of Solax. However, isn’t it possible to make it “general”, eg. selecting manually the right value and type ? In case of Solax, it’s measure_battery_power, measured in Watts …

Even more confused when looking on some others inverters, not sure they even report such capability, eg. Victron - homey-com.victronenergy/device.js at master · ricott/homey-com.victronenergy · GitHub, SMA - sma.modbus/device.js at master · ricott/sma.modbus · GitHub, Fronius - com.thomashoussin.fronius/device.js at main · ThomasHoussin/com.thomashoussin.fronius · GitHub and for example Fusiojn Solar seems to report Homey-FusionSolar/device.js at main · reyntjensw/Homey-FusionSolar · GitHub - meter_power.discharge_power ? Etc… really confusing, without actually manually picking up the right metric, it will be impossible to make it automated for pairing ?

Exactly. That is why I need to know what capability is used for SoC and for power charge/discharge. I already prepared PBTH to support a table of these.

And is that positive during discharge, negative during charge?

And what is the SoC capability?

If I have this info I believe I can add Solax battery support.

1 Like

Sound promising :wink: Might be useful as there is no way how to really measure “battery capacity” (kWh), as it’s not reported and you can just calculate it or use eg. HA (Home Assistant)

SoC is state of charge - 0-100%, same as battery % (it reports battery like any other battery)
measure_battery_power - it’s negative when battery is discharging (delivering to house/grid) and it’s positive when battery get charged (from solar or from grid). It’s reported in Watts - in case of Modbus, it’s might get updated in interval of 5-360 sec, in case of Cloud it’s updated in interval 5min (which is kind of useless for such measurements).

Let me know if anything else is required.

Yes that I know :smirk:. But what is the Homey capability named?

And what is the max charging/discharging power? And is there a fixed kWh value for the battery? These can be set manully in PBTH, but if it is fixed for Solax I might pre-fill these values during pair.

Ou, sorry :wink: It should be measure_battery_soc …

1 Like

v5.5.1 is ready for testing: Power by the Hour | Homey

• Battery: Added support for Solax Energy Storage.
  • Battery: Improved hedge strategy.

@Sharkys Can you please test with Solax? You need to set some battery specific information in advanced settings.

1 Like

Thank you - by the few values, capacity is clear, what about the charging/discharging power ? In my case, the max charging/discharging is set to 25A (cca 18000W)…but that’s actually the measure_battery_power indicates the battery charging/discharging power.

Also not sure about dis-charging power correction and own use, would need to find this out how Solax inverter actually report that values (eg. if it’s “net” or “brutto”).

However, at this moment, battery get charging, but value is reported negatively. I can’t share diag due to the rate limit…

correct. I decided to use the same convention for storage systems as Homey is using for solar panels: positive is delivering to the grid, negative is using from the grid.

The max charging/discharging power is used for the buy/sell strategy flow card. You should fill in the average watts at which the battery gets charged/discharged, because it tells my algorithm how many hours it takes for the battery to be filled/emptied. So if the battery is really charged/discharged @18000W (which is really very high IMO) then that is what you fill in. But looking at the actual number it is charged@673 Watt.
The settings are only important if you want to do energy hedging (buying/selling at best hourly rates). It is only used for the flow card, not in the device capabilities.
Maybe you want to charge from solar panels (so around 700W?), and sell the energy at highest rate using 18000W?

Yes, that you need to figure out. I simply added a socket measuring device and spent some nights to figure out the numbers for Sessy. But I can imagine that for any inverter the loss is around 10% during charge, and again 10% during discharge.

1 Like

Understood, just though it’s wrong because cost was negative… but maybe I misunderstood, will observe it during time how it behaves.

This is just max. limit - eg. from grid, you can charge up to 25A and when using/discharging, again max. it’s 25A (maybe I calculated it wrongly, as it’s on 3 phases…but this is DC, so…I need to check it out). Naturally, from grid I get 25A charging, from Solar I get up to the power of solar, which is about 8000W max (I think this HA shows as around 6A or so…)

1 Like

its not showing the cost. It is showing the revenue of your battery :slight_smile: So since you are charging at the moment, the revenue is negative. This driver is for keeping track of the revenue and efficiency of the Battery Storage System. It is not for your solar panels!

1 Like

Makes sense… just that I’m charging from solar? :slight_smile: But now I understand what you mean originally

1 Like

@Gruijter
In the app PBTH are some things mixed up.
My tile shows the total reading of the energy meter.

tmp-1682969297336

When I open the tile, the status indicator says “kWh last hour”.

tmp-1682969297326_640x480

When I click on it, “Energy” is checked.
tmp-1682969297320

If I then click on “kWh this day”, and save it the status indicator says “kWh”.

tmp-1682969297296_640x480

The showed value from the “kWh this day” is correct.
The status indicator of “Minimum” or “Maximum” only showes “Watt”.
I have this on both Homey’s, the HP19 (8.1.3) and the HP23. (10.0.0-rc.90)
Version 5.5.3 of the PBTH app.

A restart of the app did not help.
A restart of the HP23 did also not help.

This is a Homey feature, not something the app has any influence on. I have found that changing it to another selection, saving that, and then changing it again, fixes it. You could report it to Athom as a bug.

I will report it as a bug.

1 Like

@Gruijter I did get a response of Athom about my question.
Also added a link to my question over here.
This is what Athom said.

"Thank you for reporting this issue.

Unfortunately, this issue concerns an app that is not developed by us, but by one of our valued community developers.
You can contact the developer of this app via the Homey App Store. Please contact him so he is aware of your reported issue.".

So I don’t know where the problem started but I will try to change the setting a few times more.

At least that part fills me with joy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Thank you for this app @Gruijter !
in combination with my Plugwise P1, this is really usefull! here is my simple flow :

2 Likes

New version 5.5.4 available as test:

• DAP: Removed Enever as source.
  • Battery: Improved hedge strategy.
  • homey-api@1.10.21
1 Like