[APP][Pro] Power by the Hour: Insights per hour, day, month and year

Hi @Gruijter, don’t want to rush things but in my case the reset to zero was detected but the value of yesterday was used after the restart of my homey. Maybe this helps in analyzing the issue

I haven’t reset anything today no, nor yesterday. The myenergie developer has been testing a new version and some features have been altered. There used to be a Transferred Today (or something like that) tag that I used in a flow to determine whether I needed to put my oil fired boiler on to heat hot water. That disappeared a couple of versions ago for some reason, and I have been trying your PBTH app to replicate that tag as it was essential for that flow to work. Worked yesterday but the numbers went very odd today. I did have the PBTH device set up wrong initially in that I had the “use watt as source” ticked, that worked yesterday but today did give a production value of nearly 8000kWh (I wish), unticked it, the PBTH device reset itself but the numbers are still wrong. I have sent this to the myenergie developer for his input as well

I also have a PBTH device for my Solar that has no connection to the myEnergie system, it shows power generated today as 19.79kWh, the SolarEdge phone app shows 14.6. I wonder are these companies changing their api’s

Hi @Gruijter ,
First thnx for making this great app!!
From 1 april I will have Tibber as my energie provider.

Now i’m looking for a WAF to show the prices for the energie.
I thought of using the led ring.
I would like to make it:

Highst price is red leds
Middel price orange leds
Cheapest price green leds

Can some one help me to make a flow?
Ore is it possible to make it in the app? I see under led settings that it is possible to us the plugwise smile for the led screensaver.

I will not invest time in that. Ledring control from apps has been disabled on HP2023.

Ahh oke that’s a shame.
Wil try to make a flow for my wishes.

1 Like

Update
Seems my smart gateway is offline after a firmware update. Will contact them first.

Both Electricity and Gas seem to have a problem

The start of year and start of month are oké in the advanced settings.

I restarted PBTH, no effect. PTP on Homey. No effect.

af1c9478-8cdd-4d46-8efd-746501392d4e

PS
I did change the budgets! Might that be the cause?

@Gruijter any thoughts on this? This morning it happened again and I was wondering if you need any additional information.

I’m working on another Homey project at the moment that is taking all my time (OTGW).

For now maybe you could simply switch on ‘use watt as source’ and disable ‘has daily reset’. That should at least prevent sudden jumps in kWh.

Unusual behaviour today

Large spike in PBTH starts at 2am, hours before any solarPV happened. The PBTH app gets it’s info from myenergie Homey app which didn’t show similar rise at that time but the rise is to 43.74kWh which is what myenergie is at as it is summing data and not resetting. Both show, although it is not apparent due to vertical scale, the same increases from about 0930. It hasn’t displayed this behaviour before

yes. that concurs with your source device jumping from 0kWh to 43kWh at around 2AM. So PBTH is doing the best it can. Your source device is making weird jumps. You need to consult with the dev of myEnergy app why the kWh value is making such jumps (maybe after an app/homey reboot?)

I have contacted them as well on Github. Your point about Homey restart is absolutely correct though, Homey does restart every Sunday at 0220, apologies I’d forgotten I had an alarm and flow set to do that as it seems to keep Homey running better.
That spike in PBTH happens at 0220, myenergie app doesn’t show a change until about 0930. the 43kWh is last data myenergie had so PBTH is using that. I’ll add this to report to myenergie developer, thanks for the assist

Edit, if I used the Reset Max/Min values card, timed to 10 minutes after Homey restart would that put the value back to zero for the day so that solarPV would then register correctly in PBTH?

1 Like

no doesnt help. That is just to reset the min/max Watts measured on a day by PBTH. The myenergy App just needs to make sure it doesnt reset its kWh value to 0 after a restart.

Apoogies, doesn’t or does? It hasn’t be resetting itself to zero after a restart

sorry, I was looking at the graphs wrong way round. No indeed the source device looks ok. I need to check in the PBTH code why it resets after homey restart.

what app are you using to reboot homey?

Homey system has a card for reboot Homey, I use Homeys own built in alarms as triggers

1 Like

There is also a quirk with myenergie app and the developer is looking into its logic. That app used to have card for energy transferred that day, it disappeared but your app fit the bill and added other useful features

1 Like

For this flowcard: “the average price int the next X hours is the lowest withing Y period”

For value Y its only possible to choose “This day” or “next 8 hours”

Would it be possible to leave this as a open end? i would like to increase this number up to 15 hours. it would prevent from starting the washer when tomorrows is price is cheaper.

is this not the same feature request as this one?: [APP][Pro] Power by the Hour [Feature Requests] - #64 by Tycho

If not, please post a new request in that thread.

Question about the ‘electricity used’ calculation, when power is also generated by solar panels.

At this very moment I see that my house has used 3.2 kWh and has generated 8.347 kWh. If this would be the end of the day status, the day result would be 5.139 kWh generated.

(screen from Domoticz)

In PBTH I see the 3.2 kWh is used to calculate the the costs of the day:

Would it be possible to show the actual ‘real’ cost of the day/that moment. So, basically using the sum of power used and generated today for the calculation?

BTW
I use the P1 smart Gateway as hardware to get the data from my meter.