[APP][Pro] Power by the Hour: Insights per hour, day, month and year

Hi,
No hurry!

I checked both prices, but i cannot find a way to calculate and then find the same price as zonneplan. These are the conditions:

The prices on this site are correct: https://enever.nl
But i cannot figure out how i can get the prices in your app correct.
Anyway, take your time

What “my friend” here tried to say (besides thanking you for your hard work with this wonderful app, that he obviously uses and appreciates very much) was to ask if there is any way for you to, in the future, inform us users before or after such a change?
Perhaps push a timeline message with a warning after the bug was discovered?

1 Like

The enever website shows the exact same market price that I use in PBTH app. My energy provider is EasyEnergy. So all you need to figure out is the exact markups you need to enter

I test new features as well as I can. Second there is a testgroup that tests the new version for some days. From my own testing and from the testgroup I did not receive any notification of issues. So I released it as stable. In the release thread I noted already that I hoped that the migration I created works for everyone: [APP][Pro] Power by the Hour [Feature Requests] - #27 by Gruijter

But in later reports it became clear that for some people it didnt work. I have no other way to communicate this then through the forum. A new app release with timeline notification is not possible in a timely fashion and does not help everyone.

So sorry for the people that experienced this issue, but my work is done in my spare time at no cost for the users. I think I am already doing more to prevent issues than the average app developer, and it is really not motivating for me to get feedback in the way that I got.

4 Likes

It’s amazing how stupid some entitled people express themselves. Thanks again for great work and app.

Hmm. Athom should perhaps develop a way for developers to communicate with their users.

Anyhow. I try to read the release notes at the app page. There it only says
“4.7.1
15 Oct 2022
Added tariff update groups.”

Maybe a warning there could have been good? Since you seem to have anticipated some potential for problems.

2 Likes

What are you missing from this warning?

1 Like

Miss nothing from that warning. I wished I had read it. :blush:
Would it be possible to next time add it to the change log in the app page in Homey?

Thx for the tip, but the change log is exactly that: a change log.

I do understand that my apps have become more than something ‘just for fun’ for a lot of people. And a very small percentage of those people show their appreciation by posting positive reviews and/or by donations.

Software sometimes has bugs. And my own resources are very limited. I am actually on vacation now but still posting on the forum…

3 Likes

Thx for your donation @Kai_Engvik . Much appreciated :heart:

Schermafbeelding 2022-10-24 om 18.58.39

To calculate to the zonneplan price, i need de EGSI price.
And i cannot find that price in your app.
Or what do i see wrong?

I think indeed EGSI is yet another one. Do you have a free data source (api) for this? If you do I might be able to add it. Note: powernext is not a free datasource afaik.

Hi there, im with ANWB.
I do get the right prices for the electricity when i choose for NL_Netherlands + 9% tax.
I tried to get the daily gas price aswell, but the ANWB gives other prices than i can find in your app. Could you explain me which device i should install for that? The current price they give is 43 cents for today and 45 cents from tomorrow morning 6 am (Netherlands time). Both without tax.

It should be EEX EOD, but Im getting that price from FrankEnergy. And for some reason FrankEnergy is not following EEX EOD now. Maybe that is temporary. Gas prices are still a big mystery…

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response. I ll just wait. Still very glad with the hourly energy prices!

1 Like

the maker of Enever.nl points towards Powernext…
Well, lets forget it, with Leba i come close enough.

1 Like

Is it possible to get all 24H listet from PBTH? Not only the now + 8 hours available in the default device.

Want to use this for own logic calculations, plus I’m making a device from the DC app, where I can check If our water heater (who is manly controlled by different PBTH cards) is going to be on or off the next x hours.

Or is there another way where. I can for example manipulate the “price is one of x lowest” card? Where I can change “price” to “price +1h”

There is a WHEN card that gives you all 24 prices of the next day as soon it is received:

{“0”:0.1777,“1”:0.1786,“2”:0.1757,“3”:0.167,“4”:0.1655,“5”:0.1638,“6”:0.1704,“7”:0.1812,“8”:0.2488,“9”:0.2314,“10”:0.2178,“11”:0.1705,“12”:0.1703,“13”:0.1782,“14”:0.1691,“15”:0.1777,“16”:0.1322,“17”:0.2294,“18”:0.2139,“19”:0.2029,“20”:0.1932,“21”:0.179,“22”:0.1812,“23”:0.1761}

Maybe if you explain your use case we can all think along with you for a solution to what you want to achieve.

1 Like

Thank you for quick replay!

Do you have an example of how to get these? Do I need to use a script to fetch the value of the card, or is there a simpler way I can’t seem to see?

My Homey is in Norwegian, so my translation might be off but, I can try to explain with some pseudo code…

WHEN “New Hour”, AND Price (x) 1 Hour from now is one of todays (x) 10 lowest prices THEN Change variable “Waterheater state the next hour is ON” to Yes

… Then do this for wanted amount of hours.

Then variable is put into a DC device, where I list the next (for example) 6 hours predicted state.

I also want to use the whole list of prices to make more advanced controls of heating and power management, but I don’t have.a specific example here yet.

I just read that ANWB downloads the prices from epexspot.com. And they use LEBA for Gas. When I use your app and create the device for Gas LEBA, it says 48 cents excl BTW and anwb says 37 cents excl.
Any way to get that fixed?

1 Like

Hi,

I can’t figure this out.
This worked fine before, but something happened and I reinstalled the app.

Now it’s been like this for a long time, I am not getting any data.

Was there any bindings/flows to this app?