[APP][Pro] Power by the Hour: Insights per hour, day, month and year

OK, so if I change the “start of the year” to the same date, then it would be the same on both devices?
But start of the month is always the first of the month, correct? Or is that changing with the start of the year?
If so, then I messed it up by myself. :frowning_with_open_mouth:
Sorry

Yes it is :grinning:

1 Like

v4.2.5 was released as test:

• Update to homey-api@1.5.28.
  • Catch various unhandled rejections.
1 Like

Hi
For me, the “kWh prev. day” and “Money prev. day” tags doesn’t seen to sync. It seems that the price is way too high compared to the consumed kWh yesterday.

Can you share a screenshot of the corresponding insights for the last 7 days? (kWh prev. Day, Money prev. Day, tariff)

Sure, on the screenshot, it seems that they are syncing correctly, but on a time scheduled at 1 o’clock (as you can see in the flow), it was showing 20.76 as money prev day and 1.28 kWh prev day.

The “kWh prev day” can also go in minus:

It’s hooked up on a Shelly S plug.

Does the shelly device reset its kWh every night?
Are you using watts or kWh as source input?
What is the shelly device measuring? (E.g. solar panels or …)

No, the Shelly plug reset its kWh every week. I’m using “Power” (in Watts) as source, and I use it for car charging.
What is also strange is that the charger has an idle consumtion of 1.7 watts, but it shows 0 watts in the power summarizer attached to the Shelly plug.

When I’m having a closer look on another Shelly plug, the watt curves on the Shelly Plug Watt and the Summatizer Watt does not sync 100% as you can see here, were suddently it consumes 50 watts in the summarizer, but not in the Shelly Plug.

That is because the summarizer derives the watts from the (in your case virtual) kWh meter, and then averages that over 2 minutes. So the shelly watts will always be more accurate then PBTH.

Did you try using kWh as source, and then switching on ‘source resets at midnight’? That might work better for you then using watts.

Ok, I thought that the Shelly plug was automatically using the actual watt consumption, but it uses the kWh instead, and that value is reset (by the Shelly itself I assume) every monday at 18:00.
Maybe that’s the reason for all this misinformation!
I will try to enable “Use Watt as source” instead. I can’t really see any other solution on this.

The Shelly Plug has 2 types of reading; Power (which is actual watt consumption) and Energy (which is accumulated kWh, which is reset every monday at 18:00. Apparently this accumulated value can’t be reset from within Homey or Shelly app, so it can “align” with the summarizer every day at midnight.

I was wrong about when it reset the kWh meter. The first time on this graph was after a Homey reset, and the other…I don’t know! But the thing is that I can not rely on this kWh reading from the Shelly plug.
I’ll try to use actual watt consumption instead.

1 Like

new version 4.2.7 was just released:

• Increased homey-api timeout.

This should increase stability on slow/busy homeys.

Note that the Day-ahead GAS price API has stopped working some days ago. This means gas pricing is not updated in Homey at this moment. I hope the API gets online again within a few days, otherwise I have to find another source to get gas pricing :frowning:

1 Like

version 4.2.8 was just released:

• Fix price lowest trigger cards.

@Olandale thx for reporting the trigger card issue :kissing_heart:

v4.2.9 was released.

• Update to homey-api@1.5.30.
  • Fix price lowest this_day trigger card.
1 Like

v4.3.0 was released:

• Added Gas LEBA day-ahead prices.
  • Removed non working electricity day-ahead bidding zones.

The Day-ahead GAS price API started working again by itself. I now added the LEBA TTF day-ahead gas prices, because I found out that they differ from the EEX TTF pricing. It can differ by several cents per m3.

In The Netherlands e.g. FrankEnergy is using the EEX TTF pricing, and EasyEnergy is using the LEBA TTF version. I have no clue why those prices would differ. For the past week the cost of a m3 on LEBA was always higher then that of EEX TTF. I asked EasyEnergy why, but am still waiting on a reply… (so much for transparency :wink: ).

So if anyone on this forum can explain why these gas prices differ let me know!

v 4.3.1 was released as test version:

• Removed insights DAP Price+1…7H.
  • Fixed Gas LEBA day-ahead prices timezone offset.

Fixing time zones is a Pain In The :golf: .

Homey is always using UTC which is not what my development PC is using. And then the day-ahead pricing API’s I use also each have there own way of working with time.

Time is a mind bending thing :scream:

1 Like

On Github there is a nice feature request that is related to charging a car for the lowest possible cost: X most expensive / cheap hours of the day · Issue #25 · gruijter/com.gruijter.powerhour · GitHub

The most optimal solution is not so easy in my opinion:
I personally would want the car charged to a certain percentage at 7am next day for the lowest cost. The percentage is depending on where I need to go, but usually I feel comfortable with 80%. The number of hours required to get it to this level depends on how low the battery state is to start with. When it is 60% I need less hours then when it is at 30%. So more food for thought…

But simple solutions already can help a lot also like @wberman is suggesting. If you want to join the discussion you can do so in this forum or on github.