[APP][Pro] Power by the Hour: Insights per hour, day, month and year

Ok, that makes sense. What about if I add the following trigger cards:

• ‘The price becomes lowest of today’
  • ‘The price becomes lowest of the next [[2-8]] hours’
  • ‘The avg. price of the next [[2-8]] hours becomes lowest of today’
  • ‘The avg. price of the next [[2-6]] hours becomes lowest of the next 8H’

I’m not sure if the last 2 cards are very useful, but I was thinking that you want to start your washing machine, but doing the laundry takes 2 hours. Then you would want the lowest average price for 2 hours right?

I have a Dutch IP, KPN. Deleted and installed, still same problem.

Good thinking, all 4 sounds helpful.

Other question, somethings when during sun and wind, to much energy on the market, it can happen that the price beginnen negative. Then you make money with dynamic prices. Means, you want to consume as much as possible :wink:

Therefor, would an AND card help, as in for example WHEN the price becomes lowest (or other trigger) AND the price is below ‘value to fill in’ THEN action whatever.

That you can already achieve with standard logic flow cards.

Only the ‘current price’ you can choose. Would there the tag related to what you filled in at the IF, not helpful?

Otherwise, IF price is lowest next 5hrs, AND current price is below 0, THEN action. That does not make sense or am I missing something?

Then you want an AND condition based on your preference at the IF.

Look harder :wink:. All values are available to work with in flows

1 Like

I just realized I am testing on a newer Homey firmware then you are. With upcoming firmware dates are handled different. That is why fetching gas prices works for me, but not for you. I can now reproduce the issue and can start creating a fix that works for current and upcoming Homey firmwares.

Nice! Happy you found it.

new version 4.2.2: Power by the Hour | Homey

• Fixed Day Ahead Gas pricing from TTF market.
  • Added trigger flow cards ‘price becomes lowest for [[period]]’.
  • Update to homey-api@1.5.18.
3 Likes

new version 4.2.3 is ready: Power by the Hour App for Homey | Homey

• Fixed wrong Day Ahead spot prices just after midnight.
  • Fixed Day Ahead Gas spot prices timezone offset.
  • Added Day Ahead Spot Price trigger flow card ‘Avg price next [[hours]] becomes lowest for [[period]]’.
  • Day Ahead Pricing capability update before custom triggers.
  • Update to homey-api@1.5.19.

The new flow card enables you to start your dishwasher, washing machine, dryer, etc. at the exact right time to get the lowest rates possible. If for instance my dishwasher (I have a Bosch with delayed start control) takes around 2 hours to run, the following Homey flow will make sure that the average price during this 2 hour run is the lowest during the night:

2022-03-25

3 Likes

Hi @Gruijter,

#1 The FrankApi returns a gasMarketPrice of 0.91389, the TTF returns 0.9329. Any idea why?
#2 (frankGasPriceApi + 0.43960 + 0.10) * 1.21 = € 1.7587229 (I added Energy tax and ODE, multiplied by BTW)

When I fill the TTF variables {{Tax}} and {{added EUR m3}} then the current price is €1.673.
The TTF marketPrice is higher than Frank’s price so in total it should be higher, but apparently it isn’t. Your formula looks like (TTF*1.21)+ 0.43960 + 0.10 = 1.673. I think you should add the tax (btw) to the Energy Tax and ODE as well. But correct me if I’m wrong.

They should be exactly the same. Im using the FrankEnergy api to get the TTF gas price. Is maybe the day shifted?

If energy tax and ODE are charged with BTW, then that should be added as well. But Im not sure if that is the case. As I said before: the information about how the price that you actually pay is built up is very untransparent. But however it is calculated PBTH lets you enter all markups you need, albeit you need to do some math yourself.

The ODE and Energy Tax as published in this post are incl. BTW. So that means I added BTW to prices with BTW. So that’s not correct. But as I read on multiple sources you have to pay BTW for ODE and Energy Tax. But I can configure it in the PBTH app. Thanks for the update!

1 Like

I have add the P1 meter from the Homewizard and that works fine.
But when I change the value from Start this month, for example 20438 kWh to 20319 then it calculates everything I use at that month.
But when the next month starts the value of this month changes again to 20438.
Why changes this value every month to this value? It is the wrong value.
I also use a Energylink and this works just fine.
This year starts is ok.
Only This month start is wrong. That should be the value of Totaal Verbruik kWh from the P1 app.

Yesterday (April 1st) the value for ‘this month start’ should have changed to the actual total kWh value of the device (in your case Homewizard P1). It worked fine for all my devices, so I have no clue why it wouldn’t work the same for you. Maybe it has to do with the moment when you manually changed the value in the device settings?

I have no clue myself. The energylink works good.
The 1 of March the Start of the month was 20438 by the Energylink, I don’t know the value of the P1 at that time but 2 weaks later I have edit the value of the P1 so they are the same.
Now it is April. The value of the Energylink, Start of the month is 20319 because I have exported energy with my solar panels.
The start of the month of the P1 is 20438. It is the old value of the first of March.

This is another explanation, hope this is clear.
Now I will wait till the first of May. And see what value I get.

Hello @Gruijter ,
I’m using your app to log the energy consumption.
Now I would like to export the data at the end of a month with the app Archive Insights as XLS to keep the data for long time reports.

But the most interesting value “m³ last day” of the gas meter has more than one value a day in the exported datasheet. The insights of Homey are showing a constant value.
I would assume the value does only change on a new day and there should only be one value for each day in the insights.

What could be the reason for the exported values?
I’m not sure if it could be caused by capability changes or by the export.

Homey:

ArchiveInsights export:
grafik

I believe it is caused by Homey ‘compressing’ the insights data, depending on the resolution you choose. If you export the highest resolution (‘last hour’) the data will be very close to the actual values. If you choose a lower resolution (e.g. ‘last month’) the data will be averaged out more to minimize data storage in Homey. But the values in the middle of the day (around noon) should be least influenced by the averaging process. So for your daily consumption, simply pick the values at 12:00.

1 Like

@Jeroen_Tebbens Mike is using Energylink driver. I tried to find in your source code what capability you are using for total kWh (meter_power), but I’m confused with the many different options you have for capabilities. Do you have a clue why Mike is experiencing weird kWh behavior in combination with PBTH?

1 Like

I have a few examples to show the values.
I think the value with the name Totaal verbruik kWh is the value for the first of the month. That is the total of import and export.
That value is als used in PBTH als Energie.

If @Jeroen_Tebbens reads this. TOTAAL VERBRUIK KWH is written with kWh.
:slightly_smiling_face:

Screenshot_20220403-005959_Homey