[APP][Pro] Power by the Hour: Insights per hour, day, month and year

new version 6.3.0 is ready for testing: Power by the Hour | Homey

• DAP: Added avg price this month and last month. (@OH2TH : this is for you, please test)
  • DAP: Variable markup of absolute price (DE). (@CaptainVoni : this is for you, please test)
  • BAT: Added currency sign setting. (@Ake_Svensson : this is for you, please test)

This release has some pretty major changes, so I hope nothing breaks :grimacing:

2 Likes

Hi @Gruijter
I think it broke something on the updateā€¦.

Restarted the app and after that did not help restarted homeyā€¦. Wonder if I am the only oneā€¦.
4a2e50ca-9aef-442a-b818-9640fdccb6ef
If you need it for trouble shooting

I just installed the version 6.3.0 on my HP23 and did also a restart and my 3 devices what i use with the PBTH app are still working.
Before the restart they also worked.
Restart was only to test if they were still working after the restart.
On my HP19 i am still on an older version.

1 Like

Just need to be patientā€¦ā€¦it took nearly 1,5 hours to get most working again. Just a few left to fix,
Editā€¦ all good againā€¦. Just needed to wait for itā€¦ā€¦

1 Like

@Bug A update of PBTH takes most of the time a little bit of time to show all the devices.
But because what @Gruijter said:

It takes a bit more time.
But then it gets on your nerves with all those exclamation points. :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks! App was updated automatically last night, everything worked this morning.

I updated the price settings:

No problem here (except I couldnā€™t enter a comma on the phone, needed to copy&paste it). Prices didnā€™t change, which was expected as we donā€™t have negative prices at the moment. Iā€™ll check again after the regular price update at noon and report back if something broke.
As soon as we have negative prices again Iā€™ll also report back, although I donā€™t expect to see those before summer.

Thanks for the continuous development of the app!

1 Like

This seems to be a bug in the smartphone app. Was already mentioned on January 1st (Link). Iā€™ve created a ticket but havenā€™t received any feedback yet. Can you please also create a ticket?

2 Likes

version 6.3.1 is ready for testing: Power by the Hour | Homey

• DAP: Fixed avg price this month and last month.

The average price this month is calculated on a rolling daily basis. So it will start working correctly 1st of March, and the app needs to be running every day from then on (and receive correct prices for the day).

Thanks #Dijker, thatā€™s was I was looking for. Homeyscript is i.m.o. a big advantage to use Homey and works very good, but the documentation on github is not very helpfull. Someone should write a manual / ebook about Homeyscript. Would gladly pay a price for that :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Works fine now thanks a lot. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Someone who knows if this is possible? What I want to achieve is the following:

I have a kWh meter that tracks my entire consumption and feed-in.
I have created a virtual device that reflects the value of the kWh meter and adds the value of the PV installation to it. This way, I know the net consumption in my home. This value is only in watts and doesnā€™t keep track of anything else. I actually want to know what my net consumption per day, week, and year is.

I tried creating a PBTH virtual device that reflects this value, but then I get very high values.

Hi,
I have asking about this here now a few times now and have not got any answers. I having big issues with all my different PBBTH units measures negative numbers. I have testet different things a couple of weeks and found this. I have tracked the value that gets sent to PBTH and its calculated correct but never starts at 0. By midnight the shelly device or Pulse sends 0 but it does not start the next day a zero.

Please se this image. It resets every midnight but never back to zero.
What am I missing here? I really need help, been on this for quite some time now.

I dont have Shelly myself, and I dont know what is wrong. Maybe someone here at the forum recognizes what is happening.

Thanks, yes hopefully :slight_smile:
This example is from the Tibber Pulse using manual updates via Flow. Where I have set up that if the value from Pulse is negative then set it to zero, but the registered value in PBTH is negative anyway. The same happens with direct update from Tibber Pulse to PBTH.

Looks good to me also.

1 Like

Flow cannot take Watt. It only takes kWh.

1 Like

I use the Consumption sine midnight from Tibber Pulse, I think that is kWh.
This is the Flow (Sorry for the swedish). But as you can see in the insight, it tracs the consumption correct but never reaches 0. So the cost is never correct.

Sinds the last update v6.3.1 Dap price TTF Leba energy gas dont work. I have restart the app but no price. The rate puts Homey in a good position in the device. So I miss that overview of a day. Homey2019

1 Like

I have the same issue for the TTF-LEBA_EaseEnergy.

3 Likes

Nothing changed in the app code for gas prices. Maybe the data source has a temporary hickup. When time I will have a look.

1 Like