[APP][Pro] Philips TV Testing

An update was published to the test version which fixes the app not showing up for pairing and also adds some improvements:

• Added more translations to the pairing process (de , fr , it , sv , no , es , da , pl )
  • Improved feedback in the pairing process and handling of more edge-cases
  • Added a new “Open Google Assistant with [input]” action

Edit: I noticed not all pairing edge-cases were accounted for, version 2.5.1 should fix this.

@JaccoStraaijer and @kooskortekaas, this update fixes the issue you were experiencing. Let me know if you find any other issues.

@Mickel_Luiten this update might have resolved your issue as well.

Because there was a bug in the pairing process in the previous test version, the app didn’t show up when trying to add a new device. When you then search for “Philips TV” and select that option, Homey installed an older version of the app that did still work.

Please let me know If you still have the issue that your audio volume doesn’t update.

@Mark1541 can you let me know if this update fixes your problem?

No still red mark

With the normal version it works fine

App works, but I re-added my television because the old one did not work.

Ambilight works better in in flows in the new app as it does not auto select the comfort mode any more but the last selected mode when ambilight is turned on in flows.

The newly provided action to change ambilight modes in flows also works like a charm!

Great progress!!
(Oled803 television)

1 Like

Did you try re-adding the device?

I will update the documentation soon to include how you can make a bug report that includes all the info I’d need to debug issues.

@lucasvdh think I discovered one bug: the logic tags are empty:

Ambilight is on, so I would expect that tag to say yes. Ambilight and hue is off so I would expect no and no blanks at all.

Thanks for the feedback! I’ll try and have a look somewhere this week.

Nop not working al all.
First update the app,. With this the slider works from homey to tv but was not representative. No changes when changing the volume from TVremote in homey.

After that I deleted the device and add it again thru the pairing proces,. But now it is not working at all

1 Like

@lucasvdh : Found out why the logic do not work: the buttons in the device are not set. Not by flow actions, not through the television when using the remote. This used to work in the old app. Seems related to the volume slider not working?

1 Like

After read it works fine

Another question

I have an Nvidia shield but there is no app for

Can you make one ?
So I can start apps
You also intergrade that function on the Philips tv app
That would be great for playing movies

Hi @Mark1541,

Sadly it’s not possible to simply port the Jointspace xtv.apk to other Android TV’s. This is because the xtv.apk has a lot of dependencies to libraries which are not present on other TV’s.

It’s funny you mentioned it though because I have an Nvidia Shield myself and I was recently looking for a way of controlling it via my Homey. There might be a way of controlling Android TV’s via an ADB server, like how the Android TV integration for Home Assistant does this. But this would require you to setup a separate server like a Raspberry Pi or a NAS to host this server.

I might setup HA to give this integration a try but as of this moment I don’t have any plans of porting this to the Homey in the near future. Simply because I don’t have the spare time working a full-time job, renovating my house and already having to maintain the Philips TV app. But who knows what the future will bring.

I do some simple commands from homey through Alexa to roku
maybe this is a way for your nvidia shield to do some flows

@lucasvdh only problem with test version is that my tv not syncing when manually turn on or off ?
In the homey app my tv stays of when turned on ?

I’m looking into the issue causing the device in Homey to not be updated.

1 Like

App finds the TV, TV generates a 4 digit code. I enter the code in the App. Nothing happens → timeout.

Same problem here.

@Mark1541 never say never.

Topic: [App][Pro] Android TV

1 Like

I’ll try and have a look at the issue causing the device’s state to not update somewhere this weekend.

Regarding the pairing issues. What you can do to help debug the issue is:

• restart the homey app
  • restart your tv
  • try and pair your TV with the Philips TV app
  • after the pairing fails create a diagnostic report from the app’s settings
1 Like

Wauw you are great !!! Hero

Did you also have a solution for not syncing when I turn my tv off manually it will not sync with homey /app

@Mark1541

1 Like