[APP][Pro] Philips HomeID – community app and device testing

Hi everyone,

I’m developing a Homey app for Philips HomeID appliances. The app is still under active development, and I’d like to use this topic to share progress, answer questions and collect feedback from other device owners.

The app currently includes support for espresso machines, air fryers, air purifiers and multicookers. It provides device information and controls where supported, Homey Flow cards, and an espresso dashboard widget.

Testing status: So far, I have only been able to test the app with a Philips 8000 Series espresso machine. The other appliance types—and other models within these categories—have not been tested on real devices yet. Please don’t assume that every listed model or feature will work correctly at this stage. Available functions may also differ by model and firmware.

If you own a compatible HomeID appliance and would like to help, I’d be grateful for your feedback. Please include your exact model number, firmware version, and a description of what works or fails. Screenshots or a Homey diagnostic report can be especially helpful when investigating a problem. Please do not share passwords, verification codes or other account credentials.

With help from users who can test these devices, I’ll do my best to improve compatibility and provide the strongest support possible. I’ll update this first post as testing progresses and more models are confirmed.

Before pairing, please set up your appliance in the official Philips HomeID app. This is an independent community project and is not affiliated with Philips or Versuni.

Thanks for helping make the app better!

  • PayPal Support: If you like my work and want to buy me a coffee: PayPal.Me

Awesome app! I’ve been thinking about creating an app for this myself, but never got around to it.

Would you be open to making the source code public?

I have an HD928X Airfryer that I’d be happy to test with. I also have a few ideas for potential UI/UX improvements that I’d be happy to contribute!

Thanks, Doekse! I’d really appreciate your help testing the HD928X Airfryer. So far, I’ve only been able to test the 8000 Series espresso machine on real hardware, so your feedback would be especially valuable.

I’d also love to hear your UI/UX ideas. Feel free to share them here or send me a message.

I’m open to making the source code public, but I’d like to review and tidy up the repository before committing to that. I’ll post an update once I’ve made a decision.

Thanks again for offering to help!

I have a couple of things!

  • The PIN verification screen could use the system PIN code template.
  • The firmware version is currently added as a sensor capability. I think it would make more sense to show this as a static value in the device settings instead.
  • I’m not entirely sure what the Fahrenheit unit sensor is supposed to represent. If it indicates whether Fahrenheit is being used as the temperature unit, I’m not sure this needs to be exposed as a sensor.
  • I can also adjust the model and connection values in the device settings, and they’re both shown as text fields. What does changing these values actually do? If they’re just informational, I think they should probably be read-only.
  • I would suggest moving Preheat to a button, possibly with a state, instead of exposing it as an on/off capability.

Happy to suggest some changes via a PR to the repo!

I updated the development version to use Homey’s own PIN screen, moved the firmware information to read-only device settings, made the model and connection fields read-only, and removed the Fahrenheit display from the sensor view.

The preheat function now appears as a button, but the on/off state is preserved. I’d love to hear your thoughts on the UI/UX, and I’d be happy to review a PR.

V 1.0.5