[App][Pro] PaperTrails Log - Advanced Logging and Log management (v0.6.3)

@Dijker (Do not use advanced flow yet) but I guess we can still use papertrail cards in advanced flows right?

I guess so,

[FAQ][Advanced Flow] Infinite canvas. Infinite creativity - #42 by Dijker

Btw have not heard of any app not working with AF

1 Like

Hi @Dijker,
Saw a (test) update in the app store for Papertrails. Great, thx once again!
Dare I ask if you have found some time to update the website for automatic adding of Papertrail cards too?
Or if it is on the roadmap somewhere in the near future?

1 Like

Is there any way like a script to remove all log flow cards (over 90 flows)?

1 Like

There was but I now see it is broken, I have to see when to fix the WebApp.

2 Likes

Would be great and very helpful if you were able to look into it.
Really missing the functionality of the webapp here… :wink:

Will this app be updated to SDK3?

Looking into what it takes to update,
I am not an experienced developer and therefore it takes some extra time and I don’t want to push a buggy version.

3 Likes

That sounds reasona le, @Dijker!
Though I would like an upgrade to SDK3 very much too. I use Papertrails a lot…
Any effort very much appreciated!

1 Like

Can/may i help you @Dijker?

2 Likes

Hi Arie, Thanks for your offer,
I am already working on it and think it will be available soon.
Just want to fix en double test some things.

As far as I know there are still no Early 2023’s outside Athom :wink:

5 Likes

That is great news, @Dijker! :+1:t2::smiley:
Any news on automatically adding papertrails logging flowcards to all flows too? Like the backup site does?

1 Like

Wonderful news it is! Yes the ‘auto-add logcard’ function is brilliant.

1 Like

Hi Geurt,

Maybe it doesn’t apply on Papertrails 2023, but I’d like you to inform about the v0.6.5 test app running out of memory, only when test driving advanced flows with Papertrails log cards.

and is that only with the 0.6.5 ? What Flow did you test ?

Yes, I run v0.6.5 since it was published. Didn’t think of testing with v0.6.4 yet :upside_down_face:
It does not really matter which Adv.flows I test.
I only use the ‘Add to the log’ action card

Hi all,
has anyone some ideas for pushing the PaperTrails log to another environment which is better accessible? I use the addtolog card a lot; but I really don’t like that analyzing the log is only possible trough the Homey app (and then an additional 5 tabs to see de log).
I would like a possibility to push all events to an (external) cloud app, which has a better usability to view and analyse logs though both an app and a website. Preferably a ‘standard’ solution (I don’t want to setup a private-managed-database), but also not a professional environment like LogRythm (I don’t want to have to setup a complete SIEM environment). Just a simple, easy to use environment.
Anyone some thoughts?

Are you aware you can look at app settings in a webbrowser on a pc and make them readable with a little css magic?

1 Like

You can send the log to a syslog server. I have tested to send to my Synology NAS and to https://my.papertrailapp.com. Both is better to view it on a website, but there is no app.

2 Likes

Thx; I knew about that one; but it’s the same limited view; the purpose of using a PC, is the larger screen. But with this option I’m still watching a limited screen size…