[APP][Pro] Östberg Heru

What additional error message do you get when it says “Device unavailable”? I have no experience myself with the IQC Touch device, since I only have the unit with the remote, unfortunately. But if you look at the first posts of this thread there is another guy who got it working by simply entering the IP and port of the IQC Touch. If you have added the device before the 1.1.0 version was released, you need to go to the advanced settings of the device and enable the TCP/IP checkbox.

Since it’s the unit itself that’s hooked up to the internet, I understand it so that the IP the IQC shows is the unit’s IP. Mine’s 192.168.1.2, and the TCP/IP checkbox is enabled. The full message is
“Device Unavailable
Unable to connect to 192.168.1.2:502”

That address responds to ping, and disconnecting it I see that address stop responding, so I’m certain it’s the right IP. I’ll look over the thread and keep tinkering!

Could you send me a diagnostics report? That should contain a bit more information about the issue. I guess you’ve verified the port on the IQC, if that’s even possible to change?

Report: ef521d9b-6f5c-4868-81f1-9425d3235d3d

I don’t think the port can be changed, but I also haven’t found anything about that.

Hmm… That didn’t help much, just says connection refused.

Hmm. For reference, my firmware version is 1.08, Mainboard Version 1.08. Shouldn’t really affect it, doesn’t seem Östberg’s a fast developer on that front.

I’ll keep tinkering around. I don’t know if I somehow need to enable Modbus or something.

Found it! Under the 1991 service menu, there’s a Communications entry. That’s where I enable modbus! Thanks for the help, @kjeet90! <3

1 Like

Could you just write a little step-by-step on what you have to do to activate the modbus on the IQC? Then I can add that to the device instructions in the first post :blush:

Of course!

For the IQC, you need to ensure Modbus is enabled. Go to:
Menu -> Service (with 1991 PIN) -> Communications -> Modbus -> Type
Ensure this is set to TCP/IP or RS 485 depending on what you’re using. The IP for the device will also be shown on this screen, and you can even set the port used.

1 Like

Sent over a new diagnostics (daec1437-3abd-442a-a7a7-196bfb77d7de), don’t know if it shows up there. My temps are a bit off. On my IQC I see these temps:
14 20 20 15 21 — (Last value is blank, since I have no room sensor)

In Homey I see:
1 2 2 2 2

It says there are active alarms, but I can’t see any on my end. And perhaps both supply and extraction pressures should be negative values? Values themselves look like they could be right.

(From “Get active alarms” I get Extraction Fan alarm, but I can’t find that on my IQC)

On my unit I receive 220 for 20.0 degrees, so it seems like your unit sends the actual temperature and not times 10 like it does with me. So that is something I need to either add a setting or detection for.

I have active alarms on my unit as well (mentioned here) for supply/exhaust fan, and I contacted Östberg about this, they just replied that “Someone must have missed on the modbus”. I might need to look into a setting for each alarm if it should trigger on high/low so we’re able to invert if that is the case.

I don’t have these sensors myself, so I haven’t been able to test these values. Could you share a screenshot?

I will look into these issues, but I can’t promise them being fixed immediately.

No hurry. Would you like me to submit these as bugs on github? As for the pressures, I haven’t ever seen them anywhere else, so I’d say just leave them be. But the one for temp and for exhaust fan could be neat to fix. I have some ideas to better regulate airflow based on temperatures, but I have an independent outdoor sensor, so no worries.

Thanks for the prompt responses, and again for the amazing app. This really ties everything together. Finally, I can have a Movie scene that also tells my Heru to be quiet.

Yeah, just report on github, then it’s easier to track the progress as well, and we make sure I don’t forget :sweat_smile:

The room sensor, which you don’t have connected, can be removed in the settings of the device. There you can remove/add any capability. Also, if you would like to change the order of them being shown. Remove them, and add them in the order you want them displayed from top to bottom.

@Jonas_Sorskog are your temperatures matching between the Homey device and the IQC display? Which version of the heru firmware are you running?

Yes! Works fine, regardless of where I change values. I’m on FW 1.09i, the latest official afaik.

The only thing I’ve seen so far (besides previous “Maximum call stack size exceeded”, which actually is ok right now) is that sometimes Homey / Heru app can’t connect with error “Port Not Open”. But if I restart the FTX, communication is restored. So I think that’s a Heru thing. Can’t recall right now, but next time I get that I will check and see if I get the same error with my HA integration. I think it is a modbus communication problem with Heru in general. Maybe having 2 systems talking to Heru modbus simultaneously is the culprit.

1 Like

I’ll try updating the firmware, then!

1 Like

Let me know the result when you’ve upgraded and tested, if it works when upgrading I might just require IQC users to use firmware >= 1.09i, haven’t decided yet :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi kjeet,
Just found your app while searching for some other info :slight_smile:
In fact, I’ve worked on a slow progressing project to connect my Heru EC 2 to a Rpi and using Python for connectivity and api. Just came up with the idea to implement to Homey, but you got first :slight_smile:
I can always find another use for my Rpi device and order the Ebyte device, a question though: Have you tested power it from the Heru unit, according to the wiring manual, there is several 24V sockets, from which the Ebyte device could be powered?

Best regards

Haven’t tested that, but shouldn’t be a problem as far as I can see as the EByte handles 8-28V according to the manual. You could always continue your project and make it work even if you use this app in the meantime, good learning and fun to make your own stuff work :wink:

1 Like

Since a couple of weeks I cant get the app working at all, with the previous error: "Connected to “IP” but got error: “Port Not Open”, It looks like it just briefly reconnects if I restart the app, but same error is back in a matter of seconds. Im using IQC Touch with Modbus Over TCP, Heru 160 Nextgen.

It did work for a couple of weeks after getting it up and running initially, but not any longer.
The equivalent App in HomeAssistant works flawlessly, since I installed it in October 22.

When I got this error earlier i managed to get it working again by making the FTX completely powerless and then start it again. Think I did this twice. This trick doesn’t help me any longer.

Sent a diagnostics report:
64f0339f-ab30-494e-9604-5cfe716be8a9

Br,
Jonas