[App][Pro] OpenWeather

Especially for you @DirkG : test version 1.2.1 with… :drum:

grafik

:grin:

3 Likes

@Dennis_H74
I kept track of the max temperature between the knmi and OW for a while now. Then it is quite similar small differences with tenths. 0.5
Is it still big differences with you Homey ?

I stopt using openweather because of this ( only knmi )

I will try to check the next week

Just registered on openweathermap.org. Trying to enter an API key in my device, but I’m getting “Enter a valid API key”

I created a new (Active) API key in my account (specifically called Homey)

Any help?

edit: API key probably not actually active yet…

It takes a little while indeed

Hi @zakraket
Does it work now after a short delay?

yeah, tnx

Is it possible to somewhere see a list of all weathertypes/descriptions? Like partly clouded, fully clouded etc

@HuisCHovens

Well i had some issue with knmi updating … but it did 2 hours ago. First time i compare in weeks

Knmi app = 18
WeatherPro on iphone = 18

Open weather = 16.1 !!

So thats way more the 0.5 degrees unfortunately

1 Like

@HuisCHovens @RonnyW

Same issue still is there … now the temp is 17 on the actual location.
The daly forecasted temp now is from 16.1 this morning … following the actual location ( so its 17 now )

This forecast is therefore completely not usable for me this way. a forecast is ONE expected temperature forecasted. So tomorrow the forecast in KNMI is 22 degrees … and that is what it is.
So an app should not be 20 tomorrow morning at 8.00 … and slowly rising during the day to the accurate ACTUAL temp of 22 at 17.00 ( like correctly predicted by KNMI app or weather pro for example )

apart it doesn’t make much difference with my Homey Knmi says 14.4 and openwheater 14.6

Yes with you the difference is big I wouldn’t know why so big ?

The best is still your own temperature gauge but not right in the sun haha ​​it’s hot.

@HuisCHovens
@RonnyW

Nope i am not talking on a 0.2 difference … i talked about almost a 2 degrees difference in the post above and that is to much i think. Can be a difference on going to the beach or not :grimacing:

I have 5 windows with 5 automated duo blinds. Those are automated by 3 programs i made ( dozens of flows involved ) . A program for the day is selected at the MAX EXPECTED TEMP for that day available at sunrise.

Prog 1 : below 18 … goal to keep sun out of my television only. Sunlight can come in and warm the house ( saves energy ) using the position of the sun and closing and opening blinds according sun position ( zonnestanden app )

Prog 2 : between 18.1 and 22.9 … goal to keep sun out of television … and the duo option to keep light in but direct sunlight out and keep the temperature comfortable. For example 2 fully closed and 3 in duo / halve position

Prog 3 : 23 and above … the five blinds wil stay closed to keep temperature in home as low as possible.

So you can see that a 2 degree of deference can mess up my programs completely. This worked fine for years with dark weather because that was fixed and always spot on.

And yes… i do not care about a 0.2 difference either. It can not be perfect … but 2 degrees is not workable.

Knmi app is currently messed up also by the way. This morning it stated a 30 degrees temp … despite the real forcast for my location is 22 . So that is an 8 degrees difference !!

I can’t believe we can not get an correct expected max temp in 2022 … like i said darkweather did it perfectly for years and years and i NEVER had any of my programs run wrong ( not even once in years )

I hope this can be improved … keep up the good work :+1:

1 Like

Hi Dennis,
the data is presented by OWM. And they are using data from local weather services. I don’t know the logic behind.
All you can do ist to ask OWM service where the data for your location is coming from and why it’s changing so much.
I think, it depends on the weather service behind OWM. But I’m not sure about.

That a forecast changes if the weather situation is changing is normal. But if it’s every day the same gap, it’s a bit courious. But only OWM can give some answers.

Hi,
I wonder what would be best way to get notification about weather alarm triggered, I’m using adv. flow below but seems it’s triggered twice. I would like to cover also cases where there is currently 1 alarm triggered and it gets changed to 2,3 etc. and that flow will read any of the warnings on my smart speaker as they come.
Any thoughts on this please ? Eg. if I will remove THE NUMBER OF WARNING HAS CHANGED - will it work even if eg. 1 fire warning will get replaced by Thunderstorm warning ? Or vice versa, if there is already 1 warning active and it changes to two, does the Warning alarm gets triggered every time ?

Naturally I can test it but it will take time to prove those scenarios :slight_smile:

Hi,
there are trigger for “single” values like:

• alarm activated
  • number of warnings changed
    They are triggered if this values changes. Liek you wrote, for a new warning, both values are changed.

So if you are not interested in the general on/off value, a trigger for the number of warnings would be enough. Then you can add a condition to check if number=0 to send you a message all-clear message.

There is another general trigger “warnings have changed”. Technically this is a hash value for the whole warning content. So this will trigger in addition if alarm and number of warnings are not changed, but the warning text has changed (e.g. from a medium warning to a high warning).
So perhaps that’s more what you want. Use this trigger, then use the conditions you already have (number) to format the message (I think you select the needed capabilities). Then add a condition for number=0 (or alarm is off) to send you a all-clear message. This way you get informed for every change.I hope thar is what you want :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I haven’t seen this, exactly I was searching for ! Thank you so much for a quick suggestion and perfect application ! :wink:

1 Like

as for most likely reason of a double trigger to safe you from future endeavors, both triggers will be an entire different instance of the flow, so the “any” card will never bounce the other trigger, but they will be both different activation of 2 flows.

The warnings are triggererd in a simple way. Unlike the weather devices where triggers are fired after all capability changes (so you can use all capabilities/global tags as conditions), the warnings are troggered automatically during the capability change. The order is:

1. number of warnings changed
  2. warnings changed
  3. alarm changed
    So for example reacting on number changed you can’t be sure the global tags for alarm is already changed.
1 Like

That was my point actually and something I wasn’t sure about - does the number change when it’s still as previous? Eg. 1 alarm is just refreshed with new validity? That’s why I used two conditions…

Just testing with this only condition but even if new warnings were added,the flow hasn’t been triggered unfortunately :frowning: I will probably return to "Nr. of warnings changed "

Oh, there is a mistake in the trigger name for this capability. Capability is “warnings_hash” and Trigger is “warning_hash_changed”. Can you see? There is a “s” missing. That’s why the trigger ist not fired by Homey. I have to fix it. The old trigger will become broken and must be changed in the flows. I’ll give you an update when the new version is ready to test.
Thanks @Sharkys for finding a :cockroach: :smile:

1 Like

With Global warming going on, I believe there will be more and more opportunities for testing :-))