[APP][Pro] Nibe Live -- Local Nibe control, split into the devices you actually automate

Hi!

I’m sorry, but we’ve had good weather here over the last few days, and the heat pump has only run a hot water cycle at night—around 3 AM.
I wasn’t awake then to toggle Debug on “Main” and stop it immediately afterward.

I considered building a flow to trigger this, but I don’t know of a way to toggle Debug on “Main” and generate a diagnostic report automatically.

But I’ll keep monitoring the situation…

I think you can just leave debug on. It will be a bit noisier, but should be ok.

OK!

Here are the timestamps for the hot water cycle that ran overnight:
2026-09-27 02:03:50 status: 15004 Hot water
2026-09-27 03:06:54 status: 15002 Stopping
2026-09-27 03:07:54 status: 15003 Off
Unfortunately, there was no heating cycle during this period.

Diagnostic report sent: 02aca898-2ee2-44c5-b8d5-5def77588647

Since this happened in the middle of the night, I couldn’t check if “Energy delivered” increased.

I hope this helps—I’ll keep monitoring the cycles.

Hi!

It seems we are reaching a cross roads here. From what I can tell consumption and allocation works, but we don’t get any production values. In itself that isn’t a big deal, it just means production and COP won’t work. You’ll still get per device allocation in homey energy.

Before assuming your heat pump doesn’t provide production data, I’d like to check whether the gateway is returning current values.

Could you compare these before and after one normal hot-water cycle?

  1. On the heat pump’s own display, look for the heat-meter/produced-energy totals. Photograph the values and labels, if available.

  2. In QModMaster, read these using your existing zero-based setup, function 03, two registers each:

    • Hot-water production: 44298 → address 4297

    • Heating production: 44300 → address 4299

  3. Repeat after the cycle finishes, allowing a few minutes for any delayed update. Please send the raw register words and approximate timestamps.

The latest values received by my app were 352.5 kWh for hot water and 26,660.4 kWh for heating.

If the pump’s display increases but Modbus stays unchanged, that points towards the Modbus/gateway path. If neither increases, we’ll know to look at the pump’s heat metering instead.

If you cannot find produced-energy totals on the display, just let me know—no need to change any settings. No new app build or diagnostic report is needed for this comparison.

The heat pump’s display has only one screen that mentions energy at all, and that is under service info 3.1, page 8/18;

This is a free translation of the display:
Accumulated energy consumption
Heating 56791.8 kWh
Hot water 3093.4 kWh
Ventilation 2797.8 kWh

Apart from that, there is nothing in the heat pump’s own display or menu system indicating anything about produced energy.

Readings from QModMaster;
Hot-water production: 44298, address 4297, value 3525 0
Heating production: 44300, address 4299, value 4460 4

These values ​​match the “latest values ​​received by the app” that you specified. So, I assume the heat pump handles the generated energy and stores it in the Modbus registers as described above, but doesn’t display these values ​​on its own display.

I’ll get back to you with new readings for 4297 and 4299 once a cycle has finished, so we can see if the figures change.

A hot water cycle took place earlier today;

Here are the timings for the hot water cycle:
2026-09-28 13:23:04 status: 15000 Starting
2026-09-28 13:24:04 status: 15004 Hot water
2026-09-28 15:25:12 status: 15002 Stopping
2026-09-28 15:26:12 status: 15003 Off
No heating cycle occurred during this period.

Readings from QModMaster:
Hot-water production: 44298, address 4297, value 3525 0
Heating production: 44300, address 4299, value 4460 4

This means the figure for hot water hasn’t changed, even though a hot water cycle ran. It would be a shame if it didn’t update…
Could it be that it is aggregated on a daily basis?
I’ll keep taking readings for 4297 and 4299…

Hmm – I’ve just been informed that the F730 lacks a flow meter, meaning it cannot calculate the energy produced. For registers 44298 and 44300 to work, the EMK 300 accessory needs to be installed.
However, there should be a workaround involving a calculation – I am looking into this further…

Got it. I’ll package what we have in a 1.4.0 as experimental F-series support for now.

Thanks for all your help!

@hyper,

Thank you for all the work you’ve done on the app!

I’m now looking forward to experimenting with the setups we’ve got working and seeing if I can switch from the cloud-based solution (via MyUpLink) to a purely local one.

I’d also like to make a correction: after speaking with Nibe installers and Nibe customer support, I’ve confirmed that it isn’t possible to install an EMK 300 on an F730. Nor is there any other established solution. In other words—there is simply no way to extract energy production data from an F730. That leaves you with the options of either “building” a custom solution yourself or simply replacing the heat pump. Neither option sounds particularly appealing…

However, it is apparently possible to perform a calculation using other registers and time as a factor. I’ll leave it unsaid how good or effective this solution is, but if you’re interested in implementing one as an experiment - let me know!

Thnx!

Ah,

Got it. Yeah, please let me know how it goes!