[APP][Pro] Motion Blinds

Is there a plan to add support to the blinds directly, without having to use a bridge?

Personally I wonā€™t be making a direct RF connection without the bridge. I lack the documentation, skills, time and need to do so. The vendor did once plan to look into it together with Athom, but it proved more complicated than thought, so it was put on hold. Maybe at some point they will revisit the topic, but I would not hold out until they do.

Maybe thereā€™s another app that can make them work w/o the bridge. I know that the Brel Home app connects directly to the Jysk Huglo shades.
Iā€™d suggest you try all rollershade apps to see if one of them will work with Motion Blinds :slight_smile:

Thanks, I will!
If it doesnā€™t work, do I have to use the original bridge? I think itā€™s too expensive, over 100 EUR.

Iā€™m pretty sure you do yes. But the small wi-fi bridge is only 50 EUR. But anyway, do try to see if you can find another app that handles rf signals :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hei
is there any chance that i can use this app with for conneting this to Homey?

Hunter Douglas PowerRise Duette (Luxaflex Powerview)

Brg
Stig H

As far as I can tell Luxaflex has itā€™s own system, which is not compatible with Motion Blinds.

Hei
ok thanks for reply.

Brg
Stig H

It would be nice if we could connect the blinds directly to Homey.
We do not want so much hubs/bridges for each seperate system thatā€™s why we buyed Homey as it supports everything (Z-Wave, Zigbee. 433 mHz, infrared etc.)
So technically it should be possible to connect the Motionblinds directly to Homey.
Can you update the app so we can used it without the WiFi bridge.

Yes it would be nice. However Iā€™m just an enthousiast. I built this in my spare time using documentation I found online, so I could use it for my own blinds. I have no documentation about the RF interface, which is more complicated than other integrations as it has two way communication. I also lack the knowledge how to write such an integration. So unfortunately Iā€™m not able to build such an integration or support it if it would fail.

I am no longer able to support this app. Fortunately, @TedTolboom was so kind to take over this app, Thanks!

2 Likes

It seems like Coulisse comes with a version for the motionblinds with Matter.
https://www.nu.nl/tech/6245524/nederlands-motortje-dat-rolgordijnen-slim-maakt-wint-prestigieuze-techprijs.html

Yes indeed. Iā€™m told they also support the old wifi bridge, for now that is still the only way to integrate them.

Just a questionā€¦ Are this curtain motors running at 433Mhz? In that case they can be controlled using a Broadlink or Tuya RF remoteā€¦

Yes and no. It is RF, but the protocol is a bidirectional one2hich is not very common. I heard some one tried to implement it and did not get it to work. Also there are multiple ways of modulating RF signals that are impossible to combine in one transmitter. So it may work, but thereā€™s no guarantee and personally I doubt it.

1 Like

I have connected several Brel bi-directional roller blinds on battery to the dd1554 hub. With the Homey Brel home app, the roller blinds only respond once, then nothing more. Thatā€™s why I switched to the Motion Blinds app. These work pretty well, but I donā€™t get an update in Homey if the roller blinds are operated with the remote control. However, if I activate them through Homey and stop using the remote control, an update will come through after 60 seconds. Is there a way to request an update?

I donā€™t have an IP in the app because I canā€™t find the correct one. Also, the Motion Blinds Android app canā€™t connect to the hub.

The Motion Blinds hub posts position update after a blind has moved, also when operated with the remote. The Brel hub should do the same, but I donā€™t have one to confirm.

Even for Motion Blinds it is not always consistent. Most likely due to radio interference from other sources or blinds. If you get updates from the remote on occasion, but not always from all blinds that you move together, there is an option in the settings of the blind to make the app look for other status changes when it sees one of them move.

The app also checks a certain amount after Homey initiates a move if the status update does not come as expected. That is why there is a duration in the blind settings for how long it usually takes for the blind to fully close.

Last but not least, some network routers block the broadcasts for the status updates. For instance IGMP snooping is known to cause some problems. If you have an option to turn that off in the router or switches of your network you could try turning it off (unless you have IP TV that requires it).

As for periodically requesting the position of the blind: the manufacturer asked me not to do that, as it affects the battery of the blind. It also caused some problems for some hubs. So it is technically possible, but not advisable. The app still does that approximately once a day to fix random problems, at somewhat random intervals to make sure it does not do so for all the blinds at the same time.

Doesnā€™t seem to be working. Only way to get an update is to restart the app.

Hey Everyone,

I might be in need of some help here.
Iā€™ ve got Brel BLEQ 35-6-24 bi-directional tilt/lift motors installed in my blinds. ( from factory)
These are connected to the Brel hub DD-7002B.
Within the Brel app for Homey, I canā€™t control the tilt angle of these blinds.
I tried installing the Motion blinds app, but the app doesnā€™t see my Brel hub.
any ideas as to what Iā€™m missing here?
as far as I understood, I should be able to connect my Brel hub to the Motion blinds app. and then I should be able to control my blinds, correct?
Please let me know :slight_smile:

Regards

Joost

I would really love the ability to retrieve the position of the blinds, despite it affecting the battery.
Would it be possible to add this ability and let the users set if they would like to activate this feature or not? And perhaps even add the ability to adjust the update interval?

I have a desire to gradually roll down the blinds triggered by certain parameters like temperature or lux, but if the blinds are already at a lower position, it should keep it at that position. Canā€™t see any other way of achieving this but by knowing the position of the blind.