[APP][Pro] Motion Blinds

A bit too quick with copy paste :frowning: . Can you install 1.1.4 from the same link?

You are awesome. Is has been added. Iā€™ll test a few days. Want me to test something specifically?

Good to hear! Just let me know what you think. I couldnā€™t test the effect of the tilt controls for fine-tuning the position. But any feedback is welcome.

Edwin,

So far the blinds seem to be working as they should.
The flows iā€™ve prepared are triggering as they should.

Iā€™ve got a feature request for this one. The motion blinds app does have a
ā€œ0 to 100%ā€ sunlight blocking slider. If i set it to zero the blinds open the transparent parts
of the blinds. If i set it to 80% the blinds close the gap to 80 (so 20% sunlight through the gaps).

Is it possible to add this slider to the homey app next to the ā€œnormalā€ slider where 0% is all the way up and 100% all the way down?

Thanks!

Marco

Do you mean reverse the behavior of the slider used for tilting the venetian blinds and/ or finetuning the double roller position? That should be possible, but I think I need to make it an option. Iā€™m guessing the behavior differs depending on the position that you stop the blind and the current state of the slider at that time.

Put the control next to the up/down slider it is not an option that I can provide. aI am bound by the UI components that Homey provides and by the way Homey displays them.

The slider should now work in the test version of the app.

The test version with Double Roller support is now live. For those that installed the test version, it is advised to go to the app store and install the official version. It is the same, but makes sure that you do not stay on the test track.

Hi all,

Thinking about buying the Motion Blinds for in my new apartment. I am however curious to how noisy the motors are. Went to a store where they sell them but they did not have them installed, so could not try it out.

Anyone who owns one or more of these and likes to share an honest opinion? Thanks!

I think they are very quiet tbh. The only sound I hear is the sound of the curtain fabric rolling itself I think.

I am really impressed by these motors. Sound, battery life, size, strength. Iā€™m a very happy customer for months already :slight_smile:

Thanks! Sounds good :slight_smile:

Currently in test there is a new version (1.1.7) that adds an action card to set the tilt on Venetian blinds, Double Roller blinds, etc.

Version 1.1.7 is now live. Those who are still running the test version are advised to install the production version of the app to prevent auto installing future test versions indadvertently.

Version 1.2.0 is now live. It contains several fixes to improve compatibility. It also features improved support for blind types other than just plain roller blinds. Iā€™ve gotten questions where to find blinds such as Top Down Bottom Up blinds. Iā€™m glad to be able to answer those questions now.

For one, in the Netherlands, Kwantum now sells all kinds of Motion powered blinds. You can see them in their shops and buy them online in their configurator. For instance the Top Down Bottom Up can be found here. Pick electric when you are asked for the version:

Kwantum does not sell the bridge though, but you can get that easily at Robbshop: Motion Bridge.

Also, thereā€™s a shop finder on the motion website now that will help you find shops in other countries too: Stores

Those who are still running the test version are advised to go to the app store again and install the production version of the app to prevent auto installing future test versions indadvertently.

1 Like

Another tip: The Hornbach Double Roller blinds (Duo rolgordijnen in Dutch) from Soluna can easily be motorised by simply putting in a Motion motor. The website does not mention this, but it fits perfectly in place of the original cord pulley. The cassette is made by the same manufacturer, it even had their label in it.

To add them to the Motion app you need to choose the Double Roller / Duo. In the Homey Motion app you can add it as a Venetian blind. This is so you also get the tilt control to open/close the bands.

3 Likes

A new version (1.2.1) is now in test, adding logging to the device timeline when blinds open and (partially) close. Unfortunately the origin is always the app: I havre found no way to detect the context in which it happens and/or pass that context on to the timeline.

1 Like

@Edwin_D I think the only way to get the context is via the web API. But thereā€™s no support in the app context.

Version 1.2.1 with timeline logging of opened/(partially)closed has just gone live. Those who are still running the test version are advised to go to the app store again and install the production version of the app to prevent auto installing future test versions indadvertently.

Hallo Edwin,

I have 4 bridges. Unfortunately the distance to the bridge is too big to do the job just with one. How can I add another bridge to homey?

Met vriendelijke groet,

Raj

It should be that if you do not put in an IP address in the configuration, and they are in the same network, that Homey discovers them all. But I only have one bridge myself so I could never test it (one bridge covers three floors in my home, so the range is pretty good in my case, even with a lot of concrete in between).

It also requires multicast messages to reach Homey, but more and more routers/switches seem to block those, for instance if igmp snooping is enabled. If Homey needs the IP to find the bridge, there currently is no way.

The Motion Blinds app version 1.2.3 just went live in the app store. It is tested against the new Homey firmware 7.4.0, that comes with an updated Node.js version. It is also tested with the updated Motion blinds bridge firmware. The previous version should work fine with both firmwares, but this version has better protection against any malformed messages being directed at the app.