[APP][Pro] Misol and Ecowitt (Release 0.1.39, Test 0.1.40 )

Ah, OK, then the gateway is required for all the devices in the app.

Hi Adrian, thank you very much for your support. My WS Wittboy arrived together with the Hub GW2000. It took me some minutes to connect everything and now it works fine, though the WS still rests on the sofa table :grimacing:.
The data is visible via Homey.
The coffee is on its way.
:coffee:

1 Like

It would be great if you could share some experiences after using the WS for a few days/weeks.
Mainly I’m interested in which data are provided in Homey, and at what interval these data are sent. Also how good the rain detection works. Thx

Hi Dirk,

it will take time til 11.01. because then will my tube for the WS (25mm diameter, 2m long) arrive.

Hi RĂźdiger, no problem and thank you in advance!

Times are changing. I found a german forum (Kurzvorstellung WittBoy - GW2000 und WS90 - Das Wetterstationen Forum) where I think semi-professional WS-Users are. They tested the Wittboy (and many others). I found the information, that a „Kabelinstallationsrohr M25“ (cable installation tube?) fits to the Wittboy so I took one and now my WS is outside.

Hi at all,
now I have my Wittboy for some days and it is still working :grimacing:
It provides several data to homey in different intervals (see attaches pictures).
Rain is very exact. It sends a mail when rain starts and it comes very short (some minutes, 3-5?) after the real start.
Wind is not so easy to measure because of the position of the WS. But I am not so very interested in wind at all.
Temp and light are very exact in comparison to my other sensors (e.g. Netatmo).
In spring I will get some WH51 soil moisture sensors and replace my sensor from gardena which I am not so satisfied with.
I bought a 2m long and 25mm thick aluminum tube (from Thyssen Krupp - it will last….) and when I will get the necessary fixings (?) I will mount the WS there.

3 Likes

Hi RĂźdiger,
thx for your review.
I think the value “Hours since last rain” is a good basis for an irrigation flow. And if the “Soil and Moisture” sensors are added, it will be a good monitoring. I have 4 “Soil and Moisture” sensors in use myself and am very satisfied.

When you have installed the weather station at the Thyssen Krupp aluminum tube :joy::+1:t3: and collected a few weeks of experience, maybe you could do a product review in the German-speaking forum in the thread Hot oder Schrott if you feel like it? Just a suggestion.

@Adrian_Rockall, would it be possible to implement weather forecast data as well? Does Ecowitt provide such data?

No weather forecast cast data available as all the information comes directly from the bridge, so all local.
You can add the sensor data to Weather Underground and then use that app to get the forecast for free.

Yes i know. But my goal was to prevent to install a additional app for weather forecast.
For example, WeatherFlow’s Tempest weather station provides data for weather forecasting. But unfortunately not in the Homey app and the app developer does not respond to requests. At the moment I get the weather forecast data via Home Assistant and a WeatherFlow integration, but the Homey HA app is actually also an extra app I’d like to do without.

Hi Dirk, I think the „hours since last rain“ don’t show a correct value. In my opinion 158h means it didn’t rain for over 6 days and it is still raining as I write this…
I think the whole rain part isn’t working in homey…

And you can connect the Wittboy with one of the displays. Those have a weather forecast :grimacing:

Can you send me your log from the Configure App screen so I can see if the rain information is coming in?

I tried…

I have an empty diagnostics log. Could you send the Detected log instead.

HI, just to let you know:
I change to Ver.2.2.1 of the ECOWITT FG-GW1100AE-ECO1 gateway, and all is still working as before :sweat_smile:, meaning perfectly :+1:

1 Like

Sorry, I’ve send the new one…

Ok. I see the problem. The rain data has different names from that device. I will work on a fix this afternoon.

I have published a new test version that should fix the rain problem (by that I mean the reporting, not the physical issue of raining :wink: )

Thanks very much, Adrian. Now it works. Only „hours since last rained“ is curious. Or I misunderstand it. In the moment it takes even minutes or hours between raining. Can you explain it?
Mit nettem Gruss
RĂźdiger

The app records the time while the rain is greater than 0. Then, when it’s equal to zero it calculates the time difference since the last recorded time.