[APP][Pro] MELCloud & MELCloud Extension - Take control of your heat pump

Hi @m.plo.b ,

You can retrieve the mixing tank water value in Homey by checking the corresponding value in the device settings.

I can add the other value if you want, to which data does it correspond?

I already configured it, so that it is available in Homey, but it always shows 25.56 °C - so maybe the wrong value, or some other value available on tha API?

As mentioned, if I read out the values from the API (have a little script for that), the value “MixingTankWaterTemperature” shows the correct value for me.

The other value is the target temperature calculated from the heat curve that should be used for the underfloor heating (zone 1 in my case): “TargetHCTemperatureZone1”

I’ve found the bug and will fix it

1 Like

@m.plo.b, has just been released

1 Like

Is it on purpose that the produced enery is negative now (was positive before)?

@m.plo.b, it was but since it seems less intuitive, I will revert to a positive value.

1 Like

I have a Netatmo sensor across the room from the pump, and want the temperature at this area to be consistently 25 degrees. Now it’s 22 degrees, while the pump is at at 25 (which it also reads as its temperature). Any tips on creating a continuous flow that makes the pump target 25 degrees at the Netatmo sensor?

Thanks for the new update! However, I made a lot of use of the daily COP statistics for both heating methods (floor heating and hot water). Now I only see 1 average COP per day.

Is it possible to show both daily COPs again?

Hi @RubenNL, don’t worry both values are still available, you need to activate the ones you want from the device settings, quit the device and come back.

Contact me in private message if any issue.

Kind regards

Thanks for your quick reply! I’ve found it.

In latest version heat pump frequency if off by factor 1000 now …

@m.plo.b, it has just been fixed

1 Like

By the way, is there a way to force an update in Homey Pro? For me it usually updates during night time or so … could not find a way to force an immediate update yet …

@m.plo.b, are you talking about a data in particular?

Report data are refreshed by MELCloud once a day (at most, for air-to-water devices – sometimes it’s even less), that’s why values are fetched in Homey at 1 or 2 AM according to summer time or not.

Other values are refreshed every 3 minutes (because if the API is called more often, the values are freeze).

No I meant updating to the new app version if released …

For me an app update generally happens within 1 hour after it has been released.

You can force the update directly from the App Store: MELCloud App for Homey | Homey

Is there a possibility to add a card so we can set a notification once an update is available ?

Until yesterday I was using auto update, but suddenly my scripts were not working anymore due to the update (needed to update cards).

I don’t know how it can be handled at the app level, maybe there’s something to check on Homey standard flow card.

Anyway I promise it was a one-shot breaking change update, it shouldn’t happen anymore.

Another question: when does the trigger “Forced domestic hot water turned on” get fired actually?
I assumed when manually initiating hot water proces e.g. via MELCloud “Heat Now”:

Did not trigger the card for me …

You have two different cards generated by Homey:

• when the forced hot water is activated
  • when the forced hot water is deactivated

It is triggered either when you active or deactivate from Homey (see screenshot) or from MELCloud (in your screenshot, sync with Homey can take up to 3 minutes).

I’ve just tested and it works well.