[APP][Pro] Google Services - App for Translate and new Text-to-Speech for any device with url input

Ok, I have done what you suggested.I used the first URL in the list. Sadly the outcome is the same. Problem is still there.

Lo and behold, all seems to be working. Thanx for the help! :smiley: :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks for the great app, is it possible to get an AND and THEN card with Text/Speed/Pitch/Volume gain ?

Hey, i just added the cards and they are in test/review now: Google Services Test Version | Homey

Thanks Arie for the quick update! See you made my request also with language tag in it. Like this option for maybe some cases, but like to have also one without so that I can change very easy global the voice for all flows.

Also noticed that in the THAN cards you have one with "VOICE’ and one with “LANGUAGE” tag. But is doing the same: choosing voice.

Schermafbeelding 2022-10-27 om 13.34.16

I changed all Language to Voice (since it are voices you pick, not language per se). (in a coming release).
Adding your cards also.

But, all cards are double: One for Advanced Flows with tokens and one without the keep the old flows going and give people the option of using default flow.

I can hide flowcards for defaultflows, but not advanced flows. And if i do not duplicate them, there would be no flowcards for default flows :face_with_peeking_eye:

That make it all clear, thanks for explaining!

Other questing the voices are sounding a bit low quality MP3 bitrate in comparison with googles normal voice, is this a limitation of the API or is there a way to tweak audio settings for it?

It would be nice if it can be set to 320 kbps or LINEAR16 for example.

Hey Robinjo,

The Voice field is not mandatory, you can leave it empty (already in your installed version)

I have just changed the flowcard with all options to the top (both, the AF and non-AF version) of the flowcards.
You can always use that one, and leave empty what you don’t need.

Update comming soon.

I have added a audio encoding to the settings: MP3 and Linear16 (wav).
The only options: Cloud Text-to-Speech basics | Cloud Text-to-Speech Documentation | Google Cloud

But take a look at the Device Profile in the Device Settings: Settings thaat correct with the specific speaker also makes a big difference!

It’s in Test now!

This works great that I can leave the voice field empty, works like a charm! Didn’t know this was possible.

The device profiles settings is indeed a very big difference, like the “Home entertainment system” setting, this gives a nice clear and body sound on my nest audio. When I set Encoding to Wav there is no audio broadcasted.

To which type device? does it support .wav?
Does it work if you take the Url and try it in your browser?
Does the Url work?

1 Like

In browser it is working, but think my google nest audio doesn’t support it unfortunately.

That’s a shame, it works very nice with Sonos and my sound did improve!
So, thanks at least for the advice :wink:

Your welcome, thank you for all the things you do for the community!

1 Like

Looks like wav is supported for google chromecast:
https://developers.google.com/cast/docs/media

Is it possible that the chromecast app from athom doesn’t support wav URL

Save the file to Soundboard and then try it, i think Chromecast has a soundboard card. If it does play, it is possible and Google Services needs to be fixed :wink:

It is a pity that you can only register via a credit card. PayPal doesn’t work and my bank credit doesn’t work to. Does anyone know another way to work? or @Arie_J_Godschalk how can it be work without the json project? Text to speech local dont work to.

There is also a non-cloud version, which allows for max 200 chars and no voice settings, only speed.

Ah that can i try. How do i that setup i find only billing things?