[APP][Pro] Device Capabilities - Enhance the capabilities of devices

It works with standard Homey virtual cam (enable Experiments - Power User for that). However, I can’t get it to work with an adv. virtual device camera either. Just nothing happens, not even a black image.

You could try the homey app Images, instsll app and add device with camera url.

Images must be jpg, dunno if gif is supported, mjpeg is video.

Thanks! I think this solves the issue for me. To have a flow updating the picture from a virtual camera.

@M_a_r_c_o , I will give your suggestion a shot as well, thx! :pray:

Is it possible to use this app to create a fire sensor that I can trigger in a flow fy setting alarm_fire to true?
I will then use it in Heimdall to trigger an alarm.

I tried by creating an empty device, opened maintenance and chose “sensor”.
What more do I need to do?
Seems not possible to add a status field.

1 Like

This should do the trick

2 Likes

Hey Arie, I hope all’s fine.

For your information: Today’s test version 2.15.3 keeps crashing on my Pro 2019 v8.1.6, I am going back to the live version, 2.14.9
The timeline indicated that you were informed about the crash.
If you want me to do some more testing with the test version, just give me a shout.

Peter

@Peter_Kawa
Please translate to english :wink:

Yes, for older homeys there seems to be some bugs in the homey-api v3. This i cannot resolve myself.
I"ll have another look at what the exact issue is and report it (again) to athom.

1 Like

Hmmmm… I use 64 AVD’s and/or DC flow cards, so I’m pretty much done when the app doesn’t work :crazy_face:
Is Athom trying to kill Der weiße Kugel with this API? I hope not.

I’ll download the stable version to be safe :blush:
(Yes ofcourse I can disable auto-update, but when I have to restore a backup, the latest stable version gets installed nonetheless, on a Pro 2019)

1 Like

Is the issues I mention in my ticket her related to what you mention here?
https://bitbucket.org/QlusterIT/nl.qluster-it.devicecapabilities/issues/76/expression-cards-very-often-fail

@Quenderin Which version of DC do you have installed?

Hello,
I want a new Virtual Device with a slider that have 6 defined steps; 0 %, 35%, 50%, 70%, 80%, 100 %

It should not be possible to set e.g 25 % or 65 %.

Does anyone now if that’s possible and how to do it?

Thank you!

No, unless you do that with advance flow or javascript formula and still use one step value (10 for example). Reason is that you want odd step value (35, 15, 20, 10, 20).

(the how is too complex for me to create :smiley: )

1 Like

Maybe you can show us the ‘why’, Oscar, because maybe there’s other solutions to this challenge :wink:

You mean why I want to do it? I have a Shelly dimmer 0-10v that handles my Air fan in the house. I want the shelly to only be able to move between those given steps, and react like a regular dimmer 0-100 %

Why

I’m trying to add my dryer remaining time to an AVD but I need a BLL expression code for that.
I have no idea what to add there to get it working? I tried $value, $values, $values[0] etc but nothing works.

Capture_1020

What do I need to put in the BLL expression field?

Thanks.

@Heula well, it looks like all capabilities are Strings/text.
And since a BLL expression is mandatory, i am gonna asume that you have created a Number field?

Create a Textfield with the same information, and the BLL expression should not be required.

If you want a numberfield, than the $value should be converted from a string to a number, but im not sure if that is really what you want?!

I tried with a number field indeed. It is solved by adding this value with a text field.

Thanks.

1 Like

Is it possible to set your own home status “prefixed list”?
I would like this wih norwegian translate Hjemme, Borte, Natt and Ferie

Andreas, yes it is. You can use this topic to post your request: