[APP][Pro] Device Capabilities - Enhance the capabilities of devices

Sometimes i change the language of homey to make it easier for dev’s or my wife… lol

when i use the flowcard do i have to use No or Nee …

@JB2K false

Hi @Arie_J_Godschalk , Any news on this issue where wrong items appear after saving the right items in an AVD?
This is still happening for me, also on new created AVD’s.

Thanks.

No not yet, i am first trying to fix the new test version with it’s new homey-api, which still gave issues on the older HP models.
I have just updated the package and released the new DC app in the test.
Once it turns out to be working correctly on all HPs, i can continue normal support/bugfixing.

1 Like

Hello @Arie_J_Godschalk ,

Running HP23 with FW10.1.4.
Latest test version 2.15.4 returns Blank/Empty for “Retrieve insight value from” card. 2.15.3 worked just fine.

Regards
Marius

1 Like

Hey all,

I am currently struggling with my first device. I want to have the current opening status in percentage from my blinds.
Has someone did it already and can share or support me with setting it up?

Best

Jean

Just a question regarding custom picker for AVDs.
Is it possible, in a future upgrade, to allow the user to create/edit their own text status?
Or is this difficult to manage?

Looking for a device for a fan, with Step1, step2 and step3, maybe this is already there?
Coming from Homeseer, where you could make you own VD with any text, this seems a little bit backwards.

Thanks!

This is not possible without athom making changes to the Homey SDK, sorry.

1 Like

But, you can request a picker like step1/step2/step3, here if you like:

1 Like

And new pickers will be added as soon as the test version proves to be runnig correctly on all HPs.

is it possible to setup the device to have power for homey? Even though i can select power sensors. it doesn’t actually show up on the power the device uses. it only has the option for constant power usage. Essentially the insights doesn’t show up for energy used in the room.

Hi, my app keeps crashing.
What can i do?

Try the new test version, it used (way) less memory.

Thx, will try that. i see indeed immediately uses less memory

Hi, I love the app, really a must have ! I replaced all my virtual things with this one. The fact that you can replicate the status of Fibaro Walli is just perfect.

Can I suggest one feature ? It can be great to have one icon when the item is ON and another one when the item is OFF.
Like for shutter, we can visually see if they are open or not.

1 Like

Well, changing the icon means a complete change of capability. Which is pretty heavy on homey, messes up insights and tags.
But it might be possible, expecially since i already created the option for “static” tags and insights.

Please create a ticket for it.

But, firstthe homey-api version must work correctly before i will implement new stuff.

Hi Arie,

Fyi, test version 2.15.4 “unexpectedly stopped”
Homey Pro 2019
I’m back on the stable version

1 Like

I use mostly timers but also a few stopwatches for all kind of flows.
Now in the app settings there is this new nice overview of what is going on at the moment.

There I see timers you can see in hours, minutes and seconds.
When I import my timers in an AVD I only see the numbers but not in a time format I can see hours, minutes and seconds. It seems just to be seconds only.
There is no timer sensor available for as far as I see.

Capture_1084Capture_1083

How can I get my timers and stopwatches to see as hours, minutes and seconds just like in the Chronograph overview in my AVD’s?

Thanks.

Use a Textfield, use the same settings you have right now, and place this in BLL Expression:
time('H:mm:ss')

2 Likes

Arie, wasn’t the BLL expression like this?
(Not pretending I know better ofc):

For hours,minutes,seconds, it would be like this if I get it right?
time('HH:mm:ss', $value)

(I was searching for the expression, and found your other post, but you were a bit quicker with your reply in this topic :crazy_face:)

1 Like