[APP][Pro] Device Capabilities - Enhance the capabilities of devices

Hey @Peter_Kawa ,

First off: This is fine and works fine, however, let me explain the fields a bit and it’s logic.
I want to create a good manual for the DC App when i have the time, but for now, let me explain the Reflect Calculation and BLL fields.

When you enter multiple Reflect devices, the Calculation field becomes mandatory.
You can pick a default Calculation, or pick BLL, which makes the Calculation BLL Expression field available.
During/within the Calculation fields, you only have access to the Array $values, which contains all the reflected values.
After the calculations (BLL or default), the $value variable becomes available, generated by the calculation.
In you example, the $value wil contain the first reflected value because of the Calculation BLL Expression you have $values[0].
So in you example, in the BLL Expression field (which is for this example a bit redundent), you can just write $value*100 if you wanted.

The field BLL Expression becomes mandatory when you have Reflect-properties which are not of the same type as the Field itself. But since you use calculation (which is also mandatory), i need to adjust the logic so that BLL Expression is not mandatory when a Calculation is entered.
Because technicly, you could just write $values[0]*100 in the Calculation BLL Expression field, and that should be enough.
But since, right now, the BLL Expression field is still mandatory because of the Turned on (boolean) property, you would then need to write $value in the BLL Expression field.

So no need to change how you did it, just a clarification on how it all works :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi Arie,

This is not working for numberfields with predefined sensory “show as” values - for example [humidity (sensor)] - right? Those fields for example always stay above of non defined textfields no matter what.

Thanks!

Not as far as i know, afaik, fields are shown based one when the are created as capabilities on the device. And whenever you change the ShowAs, icon of CreateFlowcards, the field is recreated as another capability, placing it as the most below field.

I made an exception for Button1 (so it will always be the device-tile-button): whenever Button1 is changed, all other yes/no and button fields are recreated.

Arie apologies if already asked but would it be possible to return rather names for values fields ?
It works fine for non DC devices.

obrazek

Well, I see now in the Maintenance names of the fields so there is a way to identify correct field quite easily

1 Like

Sure, please create a ticket? Thanks!

1 Like

Fixed in the upcoming release.

Hi, new here sorry.
Tried to read previous issues, but not clear if this regards the “homey bug” mentioned earlier.

The triggers based on a text field don’t seem to start at all on my HomeyPro 23:

Question 1:
Is that a known bug (Homey or app), or did I do sthg wrong ? :grin:

Question 2:
Also, I do understand a bit of dutch, but it’s hard to follow the conversation, since the nomenclature of the AVDs/related cards is obviously different in all languages :sweat_smile:.
What’s the difference in this text field card, between "is changed" and “is set” ?

Thanks!
Pierre

If the value is 1, and you set the value to 1 again, Is changed will not trigger, but is Set will trigger.

To trigger the flowcards, make sure to select that option in the Set value cards.

1 Like

Thanks Arie, that was fast. So sorry, I hadn’t understood that activating the « when » cards is an option.
All is clear now :pray::pray: :grinning:
Pierre

Yeah, i have kind off build this wrong.
I am still thinking about deprecating the current flowcard and building a new one, which would be kinda the same, but have the “Execute flowcards” set to true by default.

Don’t be too hard on yourself :wink:
Yes, for a new user like me, having the « execute the when flowcards » to true as a default is likely more intuitive.
But once you understood it, it’s not a big deal.

Just consider changing it, if questions such as mine are too frequent, in view also of the large user base you already have with the current mechanism.

Well, creating multiple flowcards, even if old once get deprecated, will still increase memory usage and complexity.

When you do not select a value for the "nothing else/ execute flowcards, it already defaults to do nothing.
This i cannot change, because it would break current flows from running as the are build.

However

I just realized i can enter a default value for the argument, so that when users add the flowcard to a flow, a value will be pre-selected.
And i just filled the fields with the Execute Flowcards (When) as the default value when adding the flowcard to a flow :slight_smile:

So, from 2.14.6, when you add this card, the Execute Flowcards will be auto-selected, just like most users would want, without breaking current flows :slight_smile:

It’s in test now:

1 Like

I have just created my first Sharptools.io Dashboard.
First i created a custom present/sleeping tile.
After that a custom container tile based on a AVD + BLL Variable:
[APP][Pro] Better Logic Library - Just some better logic, variable and library management - #345 by Arie_J_Godschalk

And after that, i have duplicated my Garden(back)Light:

Results in:
Normal / off:

When there is motion (and the light is turned on):

I can push the light, and it turnes off.

Nice @joshua !

2 Likes

That looks great! Thanks for sharing!

If the icon in the top right is an SVG, as long as it doesn’t explicitly specify the fill/stroke color, it will automatically adapt to your theme colors.

If it’s an SVG, but it has the color specified, you can try the little “SVG stripper” tool I threw together:

https://svg-stripper.glitch.me/

2 Likes

Hi @Arie_J_Godschalk , I really love all we can do with this app and all other apps you have created.
Learning every day again.
there is only one thing I miss and that is the option to sortorder the items. When we have added devices and later on we add an item extra it is at the bottom of the AVD with no way of placing it further up or down if needed.

Further I like to have the option we can reflect to (Start) flows and apps items like for example Hue scenes from the Hue app if possible off course.

Thanks.

Could you explain this some more?

Sure, now we have three options, devices, BLL and Chronograph.
If possible , Start flows and Apps could be added to this list. For me it would be handy to have apps so I can add Hue scenes to my AVD’s and for flows it can start a flow off course.

Thanks.

How do you currently start Hue scenes?
(I dont have Hue, i have no idea how that works prakticly).

Sorry, flows cannot be started from an app, so this would not be possible. Apps do not have (or get) permissions for that.

Now I have a flow doing all that. I can select all available Hue scenes from the Philips Hue app.

Hmm, a stupid question here again :see_no_evil:

Everything was working great! I’ve got some advanced virtual devices with buttons (to better logic) with a boolean for yes and no. (And of corse some advances flows behind it)

But now, all my buttons are not working. After some search, pushing the button is not changing the better logic value. Any idea what I do wrong?
(it was working, so there must be changed something?)

Thanks for any help :smiling_face: