[APP][Pro] Device Capabilities - Enhance the capabilities of devices

Thank you, I appreciate but it would be currently overkill to install on top AVD, as that would be the only usecase. :slight_smile: (already had serious issues with HP23 due to the memory constraints)
Naturally I can achieve similar functionality with some counters, variables as well but I thought it might be logical option, considering eg. what you have implemented recently on “When device capabilities is xxx for duration” - btw, really that was awesome stuff !

I can understand that, i also have to few memory left.
However, please note that Advanced Triggers, like most of my own apps, doesn’t use much resources. On my production hp2019, in which i use many advanced triggers, it still uses just 7.8MB:

1 Like

@Peter_Kawa sorry for my newbie question. I am trying to group the blinds as i like your ideas of creating virtual devices that group together my blinds to activate them together.

I built a virtual device like below:

and i used sum as a calculation.
In the end i would like to have only one slider that would allow me to command these 6 blinds and set them all at the same open/close value at the same time.

I have not tried if the device is working but could you please advice if i took the right steps to create such a virtual device or if you have a guide to share on this that would also be helpful. I checked the articles at the top of this post but they seem not really be tackling my case.

Thanks a lot

why not create a variable, via standard homey app, and set this against the blinds? as in KISS?
example, via the normal logic app i calculate the lux in the living, and based upon that i caluclate the way the blinds should roll up or down. via a variable i pass that to the blinds… just a thought.

Then make sure to set React to Yes.

Now you should be able to control all 6 devices with one slider.

Hi @Pixi i have that as well.
However I found out that sometime I might want to lower or open all blinds (or set them to an arbitrary value) outside of what I already have defined in my flows…this is the reason why I was trying also this solution.
In addition this is also a good excuse to learn about new tools on my smart home set up :grinning::grinning:

Thanks a lot for taking the time

Btw, you could set the showas to windows converings. This will give you some nicer icons and change the way the value is shown yo you as percentages, so it functions the same as slider, but has some nicer interface properties.

And change sum to average btw, else it will give it 600% for 6 devices, which is not what a drfault slider will allow.

1 Like

yw, i have a variable for that, ignore standard actions, and only do this.
exapmple during the day the blinds go up and down based upon the lux, but in the evening they close based upon this variable, also when we are not in the house the same. also if my wife hits a button the variable also kicks in.

ohh, small tip, run your varialbes via the flow utilities, so instead of running one big flow, run seperate flows, and only call the specific flow when you need it…

Or use the Better Logic Library: it has the same flowcards, and the ones missing are in the Device Capabilities app (for years already).
And DC and BLL works together, much more options :wink:

Arie, i like your work, and really, really appreciate it. and somethimes it is required to get the results, but in the most of cases, it is better to stick to the standard functionality and work around this.
reason, in most applications it is better to use the standard functionality if there.

1 Like

Sorry m8, i though you mend the app Flow Utilities. :slight_smile:

Yes i agree, if you can use default build-in functionalities, that’s usually the best option.
(Altho, mostly it’s best because of the support and the expectation that new required functionalities will be build-in also, which with Athom, is not always the case :wink: )

as stated, love your work

1 Like

Hi @Pixi thanks a lot, can you maybe share an example of that so I can learn also this one additional functionality?

Thanks

Pixi the main reason Gianmarco was trying grouping his blinds was, when he tries to control them all at once, randomly one or more of the blinds don’t respond.
This is because Homey is not good at sending too many commands at once.
Using an AVD as group device should workaround this.

1 Like

Hi Peter, just add a delay per blind?

Hello Arie,

When I create an AVD I can’t save it anymore.
it started a few days ago when I wanted to modify an existing AVD and all fields had an empty value.
then completely removed the app, unfortunately it is no longer possible to create an AVD …
after saving the AVD it remains blank.

Try again and send me a diagnostic?

a52f3f28-e9ef-4ab4-99e3-a3f0cacd4bb9