[APP][Pro] Device Capabilities - Enhance the capabilities of devices

Arie, I can’t find the info about the recently added functions of the card “Retrieve the insights value from” anymore :face_with_spiral_eyes:

I assumed this flow below should work, but it doesn’t.
The desired function is:
When the power changed, and it is above 9.9 for more than 5 minutes, do something

1 Like

What do you mean, cannot find the info anymore?

First of, there was a bug in the Retrieve insights for 0 minutes, the device was not updated with new info.

Update to DC 2.8.12 to resolve this.

No, i don’t think this will do what you want.

Al you are gonna know when you retrieve the insights from 0 minutes ago, is when the value was last changed.

So, yeah, you can check to see if a sensor is not sending any info for about one hour, so the battery may be dead.

But you cannot see if a value has been a certain level for x amount of minutes.
What if the value goes to 10 then 9.9 then 10 again?
The Duration-since-change will show the last change to 10.

That does not tell you if it has been over 9.9 al the time.

Measuring a absolute level within a certain timeperiod cannot be done through insights!
it’s not possible, because not every value is saved in the insights.

So, you need to do it another way, like the timer example you used.

Or a special flowcard: If value has been X for X amount of minutes.
That can be made i guess. Feature request? :wink:

Yeah I meant the info / post about the recently added tags, [Changed …] like in the screenshot:
Screenshot from 2022-11-17 23-12-49

But now I get why it is not doing what I expected it to do.

Well, It isn’t for me, but I think it can come in very handy, while there’s not a simple solution for when a value is greater than 123 for the last 45 minutes

1 Like

@Peter_Kawa the flow device 24 hour timer works great👍 but i want create a new timer and i type a new name but nothing changes.
I make it now with the same name and than i create a new timer name in the flow itself.

1 Like

I need this :partying_face::melting_face::upside_down_face:

(Is this a proper way to feature request :joy:)

1 Like

It saves 2 flowcards compared to this :wink:

1 Like

No, please fill in a tickrt at bitbucket. Those i can track and trace.
The topic post are hard to find when i get a lott of posts.

Hi, happy Saturday to everyone … can someone please tell me :

• what is the use case for Execute flowcards (When) ?
    obrazek
  • anyone is facing issue (or knows how to get rid of that) with inability to select ANY values from these WHEN,AND,THEN cards ?
    obrazek obrazek obrazek
    update 2 hours later and it suddenly works without me doing anything…(btw tested standard flows, advanced flow, Web interface, mobile version…it was before everywhere the same)

Thank you

1 Like

I see that a number of my “two as one” devices are not visible in Google Home and therefore Google indicates that the device cannot be operated.
When I synchronize all devices, I can see the devices there, but the status cannot be loaded.
These devices will no longer appear in the overview of devices.

I have set the devices to device class light.
How do I get these devices visible and working in Google Home?

Thank you.

1 Like

Wow, I recently discoverd this app and the possibilities seem endless!

One question though. When exporting the data to Influx, there is no friendly name of the number fields. The name label is being ignored. Therefore they are named Number1, Number2, etc.
Scherm­afbeelding 2022-12-01 om 21.47.38

Is it possible to add a friendly name other than number1?

1 Like

Well, not currently.

You may fill in a ticket support at bitbucket.
Then i’ll take a look when i have some time.

But i cannot think of a good solution currently, i would have to think about it.

And, thanks!

@Arie_J_Godschalk Really love and need this app. Thank you very much for all the time and effort you put into this. The list feature is really great. Do you think it’s possible to let us create our own list in the app settings? Then the possibilities become truly endless.

1 Like

Anyone please ?

Also @Arie_J_Godschalk not sure if someone has already reported but seems that Device Capabilities settings page - Icons - scrolls to Other 19 and no more. Also repair sections for devices are somehow broken…

obrazek

1 Like

No, currently, with how Homey works, this is not possible.
Just request a list through a ticket with the English, Dutch and German translations of the items, and i’ll add them.
That way, we will get a long custom lists with many options people will actually use.

When you set it to Execute flowcards, the custom when/trigger-flowcards off the AVD will be activated/executed.
If you set it to nothing, the custom AVD when cards will not be triggered.

When you have fields with Create Flowcards, default Homey flowcards will be created (like Device turned On): those will always trigger, because i have no control over those cards.

1 Like

Okay, could you please create a ticket for it?

Please explain this further?

1 Like

It’s the 2nd picture…

obrazek

Ticket created, linked discussion here. Thank you.

2 Likes

Just for info: On iOS/iPhone (XS Max and 12 Pro Max) it works like charm! So it’s Android (?) related.

1 Like

Strange, I have it even on developers interface ? …

1 Like