[APP][Pro] Device Capabilities - Enhance the capabilities of devices

Sorry, im not clear on what you want.
Do you want a virtual device to show a few of pbth values?

If so, you can set values of the AVDs through flowcards.

Depends which way, this is what’s possible for both?

TEF:

[TEF:FLOWS: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]
1 Like

Hi!

I’d like to create a virtual home alarm device, but it can not be added to homekit via Homeykit app. I’ve tried it with the old virtual devices app, it goes well and seemingly there are capability differences between these virtual deives under developer web access.

Is there any chance to make it compatible with HomeKit?

1 Like

Put the create Flow cards to true for the capabilities you want to see.

Which capabilities do you need?

1 Like

Heimdalls Surveillance Mode switch is integrated with Homekits alarm settings when using @robertklep’s Homeykit app. Are you trying to build an Alarm system on your homey without using Heimdall or not using the Homeykit app?

1 Like

Hi Arie,

Some of my triggers with an advanced device won’t work. I’ve tried to make a timeline notification without a condition, but didn’t work either.
Also one text device instead of all texts won’t work (or all booleans).

1 Like

Hey Arjen,

Thanks for reporting!

To be honest, the All […] options should not be shown here.
You cannot have a trigger for multiple changes, because there is no way (currently) to set multiple values at once.

The All […] belongs to the Set value cards.

I’ll remove it.

Almost every trigger isn’t working. Only when button is set is working (not changed).

What is the difference between set and changed? (I don’t know or this is used as translation for English, my homey is in dutch).

1 Like

Hi!

Thanks for prompt response!

I think these are what make this virtual device ready to be exposed to HomeKit by HomeyKit.

1 Like

I’d like to add my old Paradox alarm system, with IP150 module and some MQTT tricks… but I also would like to say to Siri that “disarm security system” or “arm security system”

2 Likes

Create an Button field, set it to onoff and the Create Flow Cards checkbox to true. Then it should show up!

Hey Arjen, if you set the value through a flowcard (and not through the Homey App), make sure you select the last argument in the Set Value cards: execute flow(when) cards.

Sorry, It was my mistake. I didn’t notice the argument “set value cards”. It works great for me!

Is there a difference with value is set and value is changed, because when value is changed won’t do anything.

1 Like

Wel, if you use a flowcard and set a number with value 21 to 21; the Value Changed should not trigger, the Value set should trigger.

2 Likes

A Home Alarm isn’t just an onoff device… it has states as you can see on screenshot. :wink:

1 Like

A mode capability is a fixed definition in Homey. You can’t change/set the mode states dynamically. That’s why such a mode capability is not present in the app.

1 Like

You could still install Heimdall and add the Surveillance Mode device and configure nothing else in Heimdall
See if it the Surveillance Mode shows up in Homekit and check if your Siri commands changes the Surveillance Mode switch’s state in Homey.
If so you can use a flowcard from the Surveillance Mode switch as a trigger.
May be a bit of overkill to use Heimdall for this, but if it works, it works.

1 Like

I understand that, but i also see a clear real OnOff capability. As in, a real recoqnised capability.
In AVD, to simulate that, you need to turn on the checkbox Create Flow Cards, for each capability that you want to see in HomeyKit.

Perhaps maybe also a class is needed to be set, im not sure, depends on the app.

If your device is not recoqnised, please send me the TEF of the AVD.

Afaik, any AVD with the “real capabilities”, or, default capabilitites with CreateFlowCards on, should be recognised by any app or connected services looking for those device, like OnOff, measure, dim, etc.