[APP][Pro] Device Capabilities - Enhance the capabilities of devices

Same here, it’s a little bug I think.

1 Like

Sorry, working on it

No worries, you’re quicker developing than me testing :upside_down_face:

I can only save icon names by hitting a search icon.

(Using the back arrow (top-left) works like ‘cancel’)

When I changed 10 or so at once, it didn’t get saved.

Thanks again, Arie!

1 Like

You should hit enter… i-ll make a blur…
one sec…

Okay, new version in Test:

• Select icon during creation of device is fixed again. Nice and neat.
  • Settings icons are pretty much done.
    .svg icons are now slowly loaded after each other, to not fail and show many white spots.
  • Categories are translated also.
    Categories are based on directory-folders and there files.
  • Settings screen is improved, close buttons etc
  • Changing a name is saved when leaving a name-edit-text-field
  • Set Status flowcard has a temporary optional yes/no field, if yes, the Virtual Device will flash Unavailable and back to available for a second, so to update the device tile in de Mobile App.
    Will be removed once athom resolves the issue.

Think this is it for now, i have it pretty well bugfixed right now, and better error responses.

Good night!

3 Likes

To @Peter_Kawa , @HuisCHovens , @DirkG , @Caseda , @Le_Cactus, @Mike1233, @Undertaker , @Gruijter ,

And to everyone else reading,

I have some other work to attend to, so i am gonna leave a question.
Because i have been trying to resolve the insights (and flow-tags) issue.
But Apps allowed in the Homey Store have no access to add, edit or delete insights.
Lol, not through the Web API, but perhaps through the Homey App Insights Manager itself, looking into it.

Current issue(s):
When a Show as, Icon, Disabled or Light/Dark (button) is changed:

• A new Insight with the same name is started
  • The old Insight remains
  • The Flow Tag for this field gets a new ID thus breaking flows.

My Solution:

• Remove the settings PreventInsights
  • Put all fields allways on PreventInsights:true and preventTag:true
  • Create Setting for Create Insights and Create Tag (per field same as now with PreventInsights)
  • If Create Insights or Tag is turned on for a field, a hidden (from interfase and anywhere a user can see) capability is added, with the same title, decimals, etc as the real capability.
  • Whenever a field is updated, the hidden capability is updated before any triggers are triggered (the hidden fields will not have any triggers).

There is but one downside to this: Editing (new) capabilities takes longer for Homey, because for some fields it needs 2 capabilities added. The slowness of adding capabilities has for a big part to do with UI, so a hidden field takes less resources, but still, its double the capabilities (when the user wants it tho).

Upsides:

• Changing properties for fields will not break flow(-tags).
  • Insights don’t get messed up.
  • Since there now always are flow-tags generated, implementing this feature actually could firstly save resources if you don’t use the tag(s).
  • Changing a name will always, also later on, change the name in the Tag and Insights.
  • A method could be implemented to clear the name if a field that is removed (tag will be removed also), so the Insights show a empty/space name or something with -deleted-.
    Or just remove that part if the log if i get it to work :wink:

Okay, going to do some other work now, hoping for responses from you peeps!
:wink:

1 Like

I have now made it default to create separate invisible capabilities (for numbers and booleans).
But for Buttons and Yes/No fields there is a option to disable these separate capabilities. Which would be important if you want to know Who pushed a button.

1 Like

Next up in a next release:
When changing the icon for status, you also don’t need to reselect it in the Mobile App anymore.
Because for that you have a hidden capability that is selected which stays the same.

1 Like

German is now in Test!

1 Like

@Arie_J_Godschalk
I was working on the app for a while and then I came across this.
On the PC, the wrong text is displayed at the i for the icons. On the setting page.
This is the case with all icons. Except for the default indicator field, that one is correct.

Pictogram inzichten

And this one is not correct i think.
Put °C in this field to get F.

Graden C en F

1 Like

Arie, I can’t respond while its too technical for me. The posts after that post also are :hugs::upside_down_face:
I just don’t understand what you want to say :wink:.
About Insights, I prefer a default “No insights” for all related fields. But not sure if that was a question :grimacing:

Oh, and you did a H.o.o.p. update :white_check_mark::tada:

However, I can’t update or fresh install it…

A random app just did install, so the store seems to work.

No hurries ofcourse

1 Like

Update to the version of last noght, and it should be solved.

@Adrian_Rockall was the hoop app allready fixed in the hcs?

Hey Mike, last night i update the test version with the latest version, which has German in it and i looked at all texts and fixed them. So the icon hint misplacement should be resolved.

About the celcius and fahrenheit: the text comes straight from the Homey Deveveloper SDK site.
Homey is suppose to, internally, always work with Celcius. Also values should be Celcius (like they have writen in the developsite).
When a user has English/fahrenheit, all celcius is translated into Farhenheit.
This is what is writen, i don’t have expirience with it, i just copied the text :wink:

I just checked it, I have version 1.9.9951 and the info for the icons is not correct.
Still the same.
And the text for C and F is a bit strange.
If you want F then fill in °C.
But if that is from the developsite then it is not you’re problem.
If I choose a sensor with temperature and don’t fill in °C it automatically gets a °C how it’s suppost to be.

1 Like

Weird, it should be 1.9.997

And if you go to the Store manually, goto /test and click install? Which version is than installed?

Because, this one i put into fase 3: review.
Perhaps in step 3, the test version is not automaticly pushed?

The /test store is in Dutch for me, meaning it really is 1.9.997.

Indeed, but it is how Homey can compare Fahrenheit and Celcius with each other: everything is suppose to be Celcius.

When you select Temperature, the capabilitie measure_temperature (or target_temperature) is added, which has its pre-defined capabilitiesOptions set by Athom, which also includes the Units: °C.

And in the place for how-to-translate etc:

I just included it the way it read it :wink:
I dont even know if it functions like it should, but hé, if it doesn’t work, let me know and i will remove the text .

@DirkG and @Peter_Kawa
Which version of test have you guys got?

And Fantross, many thanks for the German translations!

Hi,

Just upgraded to 1.9.9951, and had to recreate a few devices because all fields were gone from the tabs. Some other devices still had their fields, but flowcard dind’t work anymore. Renaming the field didn’t help btw. I understand this is beta, so no big deal to me :wink:

I do miss the default capability icons. The list seems way smaller then in earlier verions? Can’t you just include the default list Homey already has, and complement them with the custom icons?

1 Like

I have just chased up @MaxvandeLaar again as I still get errors when publishing.

2 Likes