[APP][Pro] Device Capabilities - Enhance the capabilities of devices

Go!
And save the en.json for last :wink:

Here is how you now start off with a device. I have “removed” the upload-icon in the pairing fase. Because that one cannot be altered after creation.

(Still need to add a couple off images for the defaults to get to 60).

What do you peeps think?

2 Likes

Anyone has a nice set of .svg images i can add?

Yes it works!
It has a pro and a con.
You can change an icon for a nicer one at once, if the same icon was used on several devices.
But, if you wanted to change the icon of only one of them, you can’t.

After change

1 Like

Custom icon assorti
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1RBWdfgU3alnEZAyFslZsut1zfFutS5Zm?usp=sharing

1 Like

Indeed, not with existing devices: next time you create a device, pick a new unique icon (id). Working on getting to a nicer experience…

That’s a bit too technical for me.
Those two devices were just added, and I picked custom icon_2 (which was the ggl hub) like this:

1 Like

Just released the new version to test:

And the new settings (icons are down below now):

Now you can replace the (currently) 60 “custom” icons with other defaults if you would like.

Device Settings:

2 Likes

question about icon.
personally i don’t think it’s more convenient how it is now. Now you need to keep a list of the default and custom icons for the replace in device.
Surely it is possible to see what the default is in the device list?

And I’ve lost a picture meter with water drop, which I found just handy for my water meter per liter.

I am happy with the more overview in the device option list. Its nice and clean with the start.

1 Like

Working on a solution.

1 Like

water drop meter found again it was hidden in the settings of images. :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Yeah, all images are still there, and many more :wink:

1 Like

Okay, solution:

In settings, you can add a description to the custom images.

This will be shown at the bottom of the Device Settings:

I think this is the best i can do while also giving extreme flexability.

2 Likes

In test right now.

I think it to this is a good list view of the pictures with detail name :+1:

How can I adjust the title button image to custom ? it stays on default sqaure.

1 Like

This can only be done during the creation of a device, thats why the new structure. So you can set a unique icon per device, so then you are able to change it after creation.

There is a Topic somewhere here about fixing all flows after removing a device, maybe you can use that to recreate your device and then selct the device_1/custom_1 icon as device image, so you can than change it.

I’m struggling with the logics…
So, I have to pick an icon I’ll never use, say custom_40. Afterwards I replace it with the right icon in app config. Now custom_40 ID matches a different icon.
So far so good.
I add a new device, and cannot use custom_40 anymore, so I select custom_39 and replace it
Something says it’s gonna be a mess in time. Just can’t get my head around it, Arie.

1 Like

@HuisCHovens Here it is

2 Likes

Or am I not understanding something or is it still not working properly? When I add a new vd I get this message

but I can’t choose anything. he added it like thit with all devices:
Screenshots_2022-09-01-21-54-45

1 Like