[APP][Pro][Deprecated] 50five - Smart charging at home for you electric vehicle

Nasty that you cannot undo the 2fa anymore.

Since the 50five app still has the possibility to start/stop without 2fa there is probably some identification/secret embedded in the app? Is that reverse engineerable?

Mine now shows: this device hasn’t been seen in a while, make sure it is powered. Or something like that

I think it’s save to say that I can remove the app from the store and deprecate it.

Yeah… I think so too. Now I need to add some of those power clamps to measure the usage. That was what I was using the app for mostly

I just sent a mail with a request for a domotica API. not too much hope, but maybe we should spam them…

What was the email you sent it to? I can only find an ai powered voice chat bot to contact in support..

For the Netherlands it’s this form: Contact voor autorijders | Overig | 50five | 50Five Support

Return mai was from: info@50five.com

FYI: Because of the 2FA issue I switched providers from 50Five to Tap Electric. To do this you need to connect the chargepoint to your local network and sign in with the local admin account.

50Five wouldn’t provide the password of this admin account, but I have found a way to discover the password on another forum. Contact me via a personal message if you are interested in this solution.

Do you then really need to switch providers? In my case I don’t think that is possible as my employer has picked 50Five to do the billing for us

Only thing I am interested in is the power usage. Because what I want to know is: if I see an offtake of 15KW I want to know how much of that is by the charging point. Must be some way to determine that. Right?

You can add a 3F power measuring sensor, there are plenty of those around.

Yeah, I think that is what I am going to do. In this case I think I will need to involve an electrician. Stupid thing is: I think these clamps are already on there because 50Five needs it. They just don’t allow me to use my data in the way I like it :frowning:

Hi everyone,

I’ve added email 2FA support to a fork of the 50five Homey app and sent the changes to the original developer, @Kaoh, for review.

If you’d like to test version 4.1.27, the code is available here:

You can install it locally as a developer using the Homey CLI. Download and extract the test branch, then run these commands from the repository root:

npm install
homey app install

This uses the existing app ID, so it replaces your installed 50five app. Do not uninstall the existing app or use --clean, as that can remove your devices and flows.

After installation, open Repair on your chargepoint and sign in with a fresh email verification code.

It has been running on my Homey for around 12 hours so far. This is an experimental version, with no guarantees; longer-term session behaviour still needs testing. Feedback is welcome!

Thanks to Kaoh and the other contributors for the original app.

Giovani

Let me know how long the token holds.
Based on their strengthening their security posture I would be surprised/shocked if the MFA token is long valid. 5 years ago they were a month but nowdays any new implementation is reduced to max of days.

But I also am more than willing to transfer the app to you @Gio.K , than you can try to rescue it. Like stated before I dont own one anymore

Just PM me your homey account id :slight_smile:

Hi everyone,

A test version of the 50five app with email 2FA support is now available in the Homey App Store:

You can install it directly using the link above; a local developer installation is no longer needed.

After updating, open Repair on your chargepoint and sign in. Enter the verification code sent to your email. The app stores the verified session and notifies you when you need to sign in again.

My session has been running for over 22 hours without requiring another code. Longer-term testing is still ongoing, so this remains a test release with no guarantees.

@Kaoh has kindly transferred maintenance of the app to me. Many thanks to him and the other contributors for their work!

Thanks for taking on this task!

Just added the new app, repaired the device and it was available again. Then started charging the car from the Tesla app on the phone. So far I don’t see any result in the Homey app yet. Let’s wait and see.

Edit: there we go! Restarted the Homey app on my phone and it is back!